The IT Store
Level 3 Information Communications Technician
Title: IT Support Apprentice
Company: The IT Store
Full Address: 16 Burgate, Canterbury CT1 2HG
Weekly Hours Worked: 9:00am-5:00pm Monday-Sunday.
Please contact Tom on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
The iT Store is an independent Apple computer retailer and repair specialist in the heart of Kingston Upon Thames offering sales, repairs and advice on almost every recent Apple product and service.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a Junior IT Support Apprentice with The IT store, an apple repairs retailer and repair specialist.
Apprentices will work between our retail store and repair centre. They will learn how to diagnose and repair Apple products including iPhone, iPad, MacBook and iMacs. They will also learn about how to manage and diagnose software issues. There will also be an element of customer training both in person and remotely once their knowledge is up to scratch. We handle enquiries about email, networking, backups and cloud computing as well as photo and video editing and home automation technology.
We will look to create well-rounded individuals with strong technical knowledge who will be able to work both on their own on repairs and in a busy retail store assisting customers. Candidates need to be confident and well presented as it will regularly be a customer-facing role. We have already opened our first franchised store in Scotland and we are now targeting more stores across the UK, so as the business grows we may be able to offer our staff the option to help open these stores and train new staff both in Canterbury and in the new stores.
If you have previous experience repairing Apple products from smashed screens (with a steady hand at applying screen protectors while under pressure of an audience) to upgrading iMacs to SSD and you are looking for a new adventure and to develop upon your skills within a well-educated tight-knit team who share the same passion, we would love to hear from you.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Diagnostic of product issues
- Repair apple products
- Recovery of Liquid damaged devices
- Screen replacements
- Data recovery
- iMac SSD upgrades
- Installing software
- Password resets
- Troubleshoot user and software issues
- Sales support
- Customer service
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Ability to deliver great customer experiences in an active environment
- Strong interest in technology, particularly Apple products, and passion for learning new products and features.
- Strong communication skills that let you converse freely with small groups and individual customers.
- An understanding of the importance of creative store presentation and merchandising to boost sales.
- Strong desire and ability to solve problems.
- Ability to maintain composure and customer focus while troubleshooting and solving technical issues especially in the presence of a customer (this could be handling/dissembling and reassembly of Macs/iPhone etc).
- Ability to adhere to a schedule maintaining customer expectations.
- Excellent administrative and quality control skills.
- Hard working
- Attention to detail
- Good communication
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we’ve purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 3 Information Communications Technician, with training in how to:
- Efficiently operate and control your ICT infrastructure – physical or virtual hardware, software, network services and data storage.
- Use infrastructure management tools to automate the provisioning, testing, deployment and monitoring of infrastructure components.
- Prioritise systems support tasks and monitor and maintaining system performance
- Maintain regulatory, legal and professional standards.
- Support the information systems needs for your business.
For a full list of programme modules visit: estio.co.uk/courses/information-communications-technician
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com