Level 3 Information Communication Technician
IT Support Apprentice
14-16 Peterborough Road, London, SW6 3BN
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01133500333
About the company:
Imparta improves its clients’ business performance in the areas of sales, service, and sales-through-service, using highly practical and researched approaches and an integrated solution that goes well beyond simple training interventions. Imparta’s Capability Building® System combines assessment, training, coaching, application tools and impact measurement, using leading-edge technologies to create sustainable performance improvement.
With offices across Europe, the United States and Australia, Imparta has the capability to deliver face to face programmes in multiple languages with local knowledge and experience. We are also a leading provider of blended learning and a pioneer in the field of business simulations, which power our award-winning Virtual Sales Academy®. Imparta’s global client base includes Intel, Cisco, Schindler, Trelleborg, Telefónica, Lonza and WPP.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a level 3 infrastructure technician with Imparta, a sales and service training provider based in London.
IT desktop support technician, reporting to Vincent Grosjean, Head of IT, and sitting within the Information Technology team.
The purpose of this role is to provide first and second line support to the business, while escalating any support tickets that need to be resolved by the third line team. You will be expected to be an independent problem solver, pro-active, but also not afraid to ask for help when you get stuck. You will also be responsible for maintaining the IT asset register, keeping it up to date when any changes occur.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Handle and resolve helpdesk tickets to the SLA
- Provide Windows 10 desktop support
- Create, maintain and delete user accounts
- Handle starter and leaver requests
- Setting up email accounts on MS Exchange
- Mobile phones and tablet management (iOS), remote and on-site
- Liaising with telephony providers to order mobile phones and phone numbers
- Maintain the IT asset register
- On-site support for exhibitions and other Imparta events
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Windows 10 troubleshooting and maintenance
- Office 2013/2016/365 troubleshooting and maintenance
- Understanding of Outlook/Exchange
- Basic understanding of TCP/IP networking
- Strong communication skills, including good written English
- Personable manner, good with people, quick learner
- The ability to prioritise tasks and hit deadlines
- The ability, calmness and flexibility to respond to urgent IT issues
- The skills to ‘get things done!’
- Attention to detail
- Willingness to learn
- Residency in the UK – legally allowed to work in the UK for at least the next two years
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive technical training online. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Information Communication Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Introduction to IT Support
- Stability and Resilience
- Testing and Problem Solving
- Introduction to Networks
- Cloud Systems
- Support Teams
- Specialism (Digital Communications, Network or Support)
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination to receive a professional certificate.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com