Level 3 Infrastructure Technician
Title: I.T Technician
Company: Server Factory
Full Address: 7 Chiltern Court, Asheridge Road, Chesham HP5 2PX
Weekly Hours Worked: 35 hours p/w
Salary: £12,000 p/a
Please contact Darcy Greaves on email@example.com or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
Server Factory offers a full range of Supermicro systems including rack-mount and tower servers, storage and blade systems, professional workstations and more. Server Factory’s mission is the rapid supply of systems or solutions for your business. Our website enables you to easily find, configure and buy a server or systems: simplifying your order process.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an I.T Technician with Server Factory, a Computer Support Company based in Chesham.
Our busy office currently has an opportunity for a professional individual to fill the role of IT Technician. In this position, the successful applicant will be responsible for working with our integration team to build, test and manage client orders. We are looking for a well-rounded character who can work well within an office environment and deal with pressure for meeting deadlines. This opportunity is for someone who is looking for a start within the I.T industry. This apprenticeship offers an excellent grounding in computer hardware including; operating systems, networking, customer support, computer components. In addition to this apprenticeship you will also undertake a number of Intel online training modules to further supplement your learning. This role is mainly office based but may require you to travel with or without another team member to client’s facilities to install, fix and troubleshoot systems.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
• System integration – build system/s to client’s order spec
• System Testing – Validating system/s are in working order by means of software testing.
• Installation and setup of operating system if required
• Update newly integrated hardware to the latest firmware revisions
• Configuration of system settings as per client’s instructions
• Providing telephone and email support for our customers
• On-site support including installation and troubleshooting of systems
• Logistics – Arrange shipment labels and packaging
• 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
• A General interest in the I.T sector
• At least some experience of I.T whether it be professional or hobby based (ideally a basic knowledge of I.T Hardware)
• Good communication skills (Key)
• Good attention to detail
• Work effectively in a team
• Office Excel skills
• Fast learning ability and time management
• Some knowledge of Software would be beneficial but not crucial
• Good time-keeping
• Attention to detail
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
Find out more about our Level 3 Infrastructure Technician apprenticeship programme.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org