Maltby Learning Trust
Level 3 Information Communication Technician
Company: Maltby Learning Trust
Full Address: Maltby Learning Trust, Maltby Learning Trust Offices, The Linx Building, Lilly Hall Road, Maltby, Rotherham, S66 8BE
Weekly Hours Worked: 37
Salary: National minimum wage for age
Please contact Raymond on Raymond.Duke@estio.co.uk or call 0203 834 2872
About the company:
Maltby Learning Trust is a successful and highly collaborative partnership of seven local schools, committed to raising the educational ambitions of the community which it serves. It is a highly inspirational and ambitious organisation which strives for excellence in all it does to achieve the best possible outcomes for young people and the community.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a L3 IT Technician Apprentice with Maltby Learning trust a Multi Academy Trust based in Rotherham.
The appointed technician will work alongside a core team of technical support staff to:
- Assist in the implementation and maintenance of ICT systems across the Trust.
- Provide scheduled technical maintenance and support for ICT systems.
- Provide reactive IT support as required, including telephone support, remote support, site visits and assistance with hardware quotations.
Candidates may be deployed to various Academies across the Trust, as required, throughout the apprenticeship.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Monitoring service desk calls and responding to tasks as required, escalating jobs where appropriate and contacting external suppliers for support if necessary.
- Helping to implement a programme of regular maintenance of all computer networks and equipment.
- Checking deliveries and transporting equipment around the Trust as required.
- Installing and maintaining computer software/operating systems.
- Maintaining supplies of printing consumables as required.
- Contributing to the evaluation and procurement of hardware and software.
- Locating faults in, and making repairs to equipment, including keyboards, printers, connecting cables and computers.
- Undertaking directory administration, including the creation and maintenance of user accounts and security/distribution groups.
- Assisting in the administration of DNS, DHCP records and other network related tasks.
- Assisting in the administration of Office 365.
- Assisting in the maintenance and development of Academies websites, learning platforms, and digital signage solutions.
- Helping to ensure that all changes relating to systems, including for example web filtering/firewall, conform to Trust policy.
- Helping maintain documentation required at each site, including hardware inventories, subscription lists and network diagrams.
- Disposing of end-of-life equipment, safely and securely in line with Trust policy.
- Participating in specialist training and other learning activities and performance development as appropriate.
- Attending and participating in relevant meetings as required.
5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- A good level of competency in IT systems, including PCs, mobile devices, Windows 10 and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities and achieve deadlines.
- Ability to work with a wide range of people.
- Ability to work as part of a proactive team as well as on your own initiative.
- Ability to stay calm and controlled under pressure.
- Good organisational skills.
- Ability to help students in the learning and support process.
The role offers a permanent role upon completion of the apprenticeship depending on performance.
Training to be provided:
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we’ve purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 3 Information Communications Technician, with training in how to:
- Efficiently operate and control your ICT infrastructure – physical or virtual hardware, software, network services and data storage.
- Use infrastructure management tools to automate the provisioning, testing, deployment and monitoring of infrastructure components.
- Prioritise systems support tasks and monitor and maintaining system performance
- Maintain regulatory, legal and professional standards.
- Support the information systems needs for your business.
To apply for this job email your details to Raymond.Duke@estio.co.uk.
View all Level 3 Apprenticeship Jobs
View Information Communications Technician Apprenticeship Course Overview
Find out about Level 3 Apprenticeships