Level 3 Information Communications Technician
Company – Hampton School
Full Address – Hanworth Rd, Hampton TW12 3HD
Weekly Hours Worked – 37.5
Please contact Jack on email@example.com or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
Hampton is one of the country’s leading, most successful and best-resourced independent schools and has been helping boys to fulfil their potential and realise their aspirations for over 460 years. We are a lively, friendly and caring School community, where innovative teaching is underpinned by strong shared values and complemented by outstanding pastoral care. We aspire to enable our boys not only to make sense of the world, but also to want to go out and improve it. The School’s examination results and university entrance record consistently rank among the best achieved anywhere. Nearly all Hampton leavers go on to undergraduate courses at Russell Group or equivalent universities.
Between 20 and 30 Hamptonians are offered places at Oxford and Cambridge annually and 43 young men among the Class of 2020 have moved on to global top-10 universities; an increasing number go on to study at US Ivy League universities, often on academic and/or sporting scholarships. Our alumni network is extremely strong and former pupils remain very interested in their School, in no small part due to the exceptionally warm and mutually respectful relationships enjoyed between Hampton staff and their pupils.
Situated on a green field site in a leafy suburb of South West London, we are fortunate to have over 27 acres of playing fields within our spacious grounds and a generous investment programme ensures that pupils and staff benefit from first-class facilities across all areas of School life. These include a state-of-the-art 3G sports ground, a large Sports Hall and The Hammond Theatre, along with an excellent library and specialist facilities for Art, Music, Science, Technology, IT and Languages and our recently opened Sixth Form Study and Careers Centre. The Millennium Boat House, shared with our neighbouring girls’ school, Lady Eleanor Holles, enjoys a prime location on the nearby River Thames and provides the focal point for our renowned Boat Club.
Visitors from the Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI) concluded in March 2016 that Hampton’s academic and all-round excellence merited the rarely awarded ISI assessment of pupils’ achievements and learning being ‘Exceptional’. The inspection team’s findings in all other areas were similarly pleasing and the highest possible judgements were achieved across the board. A further Regulatory Compliance Inspection (RCI) in 2019 reported the School to be fully compliant. A copy of the full ISI reports can be found on the School website.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an IT Technician Apprentice with Hampton School a Independent School in Hampton
The IT Technician will provide first and second line support to users across the Trust and assist the IT services team to deliver a quality service. This role will be ideal for an enthusiastic individual who is looking to continue develop their IT knowledge, skills and career opportunities in a supported environment. If applying as an Apprentice basis the apprenticeship will last for 24 months and will lead to a Level 4 Network Engineer qualification.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Providing first- and second-line support.
- Troubleshooting support calls which have been logged on the IT Service Desk.
- Responding to user requests and maintaining communication in line with the service-desk guidelines.
- Answering the IT Services phone to log and resolve queries raised by staff.
- Proactively walking the school sites to check IT equipment and log any faults or damage in the service-desk.
- Setting up and decommissioning IT resources following the school’s procedures.
- Replacing IT peripherals when required. – Carrying out maintenance on hardware.
- Updating the asset management system with direction and approval from the IT Service Administrator.
- Providing out of hours support for scheduled and emergency scenarios.
- Following the departments working practices, standards and ethos.
- Escalating any IT issues or challenges to the IT Service Administrator.
- Accountable for driving personal continued professional development, in line with the Trust’s CPD model and IT requirements.
- Identifying IT service improvements and providing feedback on areas for improvement.
- Supporting the successful delivery of new projects or developments.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Excellent IT skills across the MS Office Suite
- To regularly challenge and improve skills and knowledge in a structure manner
- The ability to work on their own initiative
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent written and oral English
- Logical and analytical thinking skills that aid troubleshooting and problem solving
- The ability to identify and complete work independently, including taking responsibility
- A minimum of five GCSE’s grade C and above which includes Maths, English and ideally ICT or Computer Science
- Enrolled on (or eligible to enrol on) an accredited Level 4 Network Engineer Apprenticeship course (if applying as an Apprentice)
- A commitment to the safeguarding and wellbeing of pupils
- Ability to use own initiative and demonstrate energy, commitment and enthusiasm
- The ability to communicate politely and in a timely manner at all times
- The ability to be flexible and adaptable in a fast paced environment
- The ability to be proactive and ask for support as required
- A smart appearance, professional and polite demeanour
- A willingness to assist and deal confidently with colleagues
- Awareness of the importance of data security and confidentiality
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we’ve purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 3 Information Communications Technician, with training in how to:
- Efficiently operate and control your ICT infrastructure – physical or virtual hardware, software, network services and data storage.
- Use infrastructure management tools to automate the provisioning, testing, deployment and monitoring of infrastructure components.
- Prioritise systems support tasks and monitor and maintaining system performance
- Maintain regulatory, legal and professional standards.
- Support the information systems needs for your business.
For a full list of programme modules visit: estio.co.uk/courses/information-communications-technician
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org