3D Personnel Ltd
Level 3 Information Communication Technician
Title: IT Support Technician
Company: 3D Personnel Ltd
Full Address: Hercules House, Hazel Road, Woolston, Southampton, SO19 7GB
Weekly Hours Worked: 38.75 hrs / week (9am – 5.30pm)
Please contact: email@example.com or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
3D Personnel is a leading name in construction recruitment for the UK supplying Professional & Technical, Trades & Labour and Construction Services talent across a broad range of sectors. Placing candidates in temporary, fixed-term and permanent roles, 3D Personnel has a national presence with offices in London, Southampton, Liverpool, Birmingham, Colchester, Glasgow and Belfast.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an IT Support Technician with 3D Personnel Ltd, a construction recruitment specialist based at their Head Office in Southampton.
As direct support to the remotely based IT Manager, this is a hands on and newly created role to assist the IT requirements of the UK business. There will also be some exposure to marketing from an IT perspective, enhancing the business’ visibility and social interaction. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is ready to begin their career within IT and gain first-hand experience.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Install and configure computer hardware, printers, software, systems, and networks and ensure latest software upgrades are implemented.
- Setup equipment such as PC, laptops, mobile devices, and other specialist equipment, ensuring that systems are ready for use and operating safely and correctly.
- Deliver hardware and resources to work areas and offices as required.
- Carry out assessments to determine the need for changes in hardware/software configurations
- Repair or replace components of a computer/network system as necessary
- Detect, diagnose, and resolve PC, printer, mobile, and peripheral device faults.
- Perform scheduled maintenance on computer hardware, software, and networks to ensure efficient operations
- Provide technical support across the company (this may be in person or over the email/phone)
- Respond in a timely manner to hardware or software service issues and requests
- Perform diagnostic tests and troubleshooting to identify computer users’ issues
- Educate and train users on procedures for resolving or preventing recurrence of a technical problem
- Assist in testing and evaluating new technology
- Prepare and present reports to update management on IT support operations
- Assist in planning and implementing changes to IT policies as required
- 5 GCSEs grades A-C / 9-5 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Attention to detail / focus on daily tasks
- Good learner willing to get involved and contribute
- Analytical / problem solver
- Good timekeeping
- Attention to detail
The role offers long-term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position, becoming the UK’s first line for all IT Support.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive technical training online. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated manager who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Information Communication Digital Marketer Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Introduction to IT Support
- Stability and Resilience
- Testing and Problem Solving
- Introduction to Networks
- Cloud Systems
- Support Teams
- Specialism (Digital Communications, Network or Support)
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination to receive a professional certificate.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org