Radis Community Care
Level 3 Information Communication Technician
Company: Radis Community Care
Full Address: Mercia House, 15 Galena Close, Tamworth, Staffordshire, B77 4AS
Weekly Hours Worked: 37.5 hours a week
Salary: £13,000 to £15,000 per annum
Please contact Megan on Megan.Dover@estio.co.uk or call 0113 3500 333
About the company:
Radis Group is a well-established and successful family run care company which has been delivering high quality care and support to more than of 30 Local Authorities in England and Wales across our 100+ schemes.
Brief job description:
Radis Group has an exciting opportunity for an IT Support Technician Apprentice to join our team based at our head office in Tamworth.
You will be the first point of contact for incoming support tickets, resolving issues where possible and escalating where required. There will be a mix of deskside and telephone support (70%), and onsite assistance or new site setup at our 100+ schemes throughout England and Wales (30%).
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Attend site installations, hardware removals and maintenance on site as required.
- Provide 1st and 2nd line support for the operational staff including hardware, software and business applications.
- Work closely with the implementation team and 3rd party suppliers to provide hardware and accounts for new sites.
- Application support for line of business applications.
- Prioritisation of support tickets
- Accurate record keeping of stocks, assets, procedures.
- Regular system maintenance and auditing tasks such as managing software updates, and monitoring ICT systems.
- Configure new starters software, access, hardware and provide basic training.
- Removal and safe disposal of redundant hardware.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Experience of remote and local IT support, managing a queue of support tickets / incidents, and handling customers remotely and on-site by phone and email would be advantageous.
- Microsoft Windows 10 & 11 support and troubleshooting.
- Business applications support such as Microsoft Office 365, Teams etc.
- Basic networking knowledge, cabling and patching.
- Excellent communication skills and a team player.
- Effective problem-solver with good analytical & trouble shooting skills.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Motivated self-starter able to organise and work on own initiative.
- Accountable for own performance and takes pride in own work.
- Well organised and able to cope with multiple tasks and priorities.
- Good level of interpersonal skills, polite, tactful and friendly.
- Committed to a high level of customer service with a genuine interest in working with and helping customers.
- Flexible and agile worker with integrity and reliability.
- Patient, resilient and calm under pressure.
Travel to other offices is required, so your own vehicle and a full clean driving license. (Travel Expenses will be paid). You will also be required to physically move IT equipment and install it.
There will be ample opportunity to learn new skills within the role, and applicants must be willing to learn and take on new challenges.
Radis is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
The role offers a permanent role upon completion of the apprenticeship depending on performance.
Training to be provided:
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we’ve purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 3 Information Communications Technician, with training in how to:
- Efficiently operate and control your ICT infrastructure – physical or virtual hardware, software, network services and data storage.
- Use infrastructure management tools to automate the provisioning, testing, deployment and monitoring of infrastructure components.
- Prioritise systems support tasks and monitor and maintaining system performance
- Maintain regulatory, legal and professional standards.
- Support the information systems needs for your business.
To apply for this job email your details to Megan.Dover@estio.co.uk.
View all Level 3 Apprenticeship Jobs
View Information Communications Technician Apprenticeship Course Overview
Find out about Level 3 Apprenticeships