John Finch Computers Ltd
Level 3 Information Communications Technician
Company: John Finch Computers Ltd
Full Address: Mortimer House, Holmer Road, Hereford, HR4 9SZ
Weekly Hours Worked: 37.5 per week
Salary: £180 per week
Please contact Nabila on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
John Finch Computers provide IT support services to home and small businesses in and around Herefordshire and the surrounding counties.
Brief job description:
Estio Training has an exciting new opportunity for an IT Support Technician with John Finch Computers a computer support and services company based in Hereford.
Due to an increase in business, we are looking for someone to join our team. The successful applicant will be required to answer the phone and supply 1st and 2nd line IT helpdesk support to our clients, so an excellent telephone manner is essential.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Answer Incoming calls
- IT Support via the internal helpdesk
- Troubleshooting Duties
- Installing Windows
- Upgrading Hardware
- Replacing faulty components
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Microsoft, Office 365 admin adding users, domains, exchange mail, security etc.
- Office applications including, Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint, Teams.
- Windows 7,8,10,11.
- Windows server 2012 – current adding users, creating shares, file permissions.
- Domain controller active directory, group policy.
- Draytek router experience, knowledge.
- Wired and wireless networks, access points, routers, point to point.
- VLAN, VPN, Remote access sites.
- Team Viewer remote access and monitoring.
- General helpdesk troubleshooting duties.
- Be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Be self-motivated and use your initiative
- Good attendance and timekeeping
- Handling telephone calls and prioritising jobs
- Excellent communication skills
- A full UK Driving licence is desirable but not essential
The role offers long-term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry-experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we’ve purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship, learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 3 Information Communications Technician, with training in how to:
- Efficiently operate and control your ICT infrastructure – physical or virtual hardware, software, network services and data storage.
- Use infrastructure management tools to automate the provisioning, testing, deployment and monitoring of infrastructure components.
- Prioritise systems support tasks and monitor and maintain system performance
- Maintain regulatory, legal and professional standards.
- Support the information systems needs of your business.
For a full list of programme modules visit: estio.co.uk/courses/information-communications-technician
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com