Level 3 Information Communication Technician
Company – Tanist
Full Address -17 Callywith Gate Industrial Estate, Launceston Road Bodmin Cornwall PL31 2RQ
Weekly Hours Worked – Monday to Friday- 37.5 hours per week
Salary- £10,000 – £12,000
Please contact email@example.com or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
Tanist has been a provider of well-respected ICT support in Cornwall for over 34 years. We are an innovative, growing and ever-evolving company. We offer a wide range of IT and communications solutions to both contract and pay as you go customers.
Why should you apply?
- This is a chance to start a career with a well-established IT provider.
- We are keen believers in employee progression, there will always be a ladder for you to climb if you wish to do so.
- Competitive apprenticeship salary package.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an IT Support Engineer with Tanist based in Cornwall. This is an exciting and varied role and will lead to the progression of becoming a full time IT engineer, managing a busy schedule, visit clients and liaising with various departments to ensure the customers are happy with the service provided.
You will be the first level support for all IT/ MSP systems for Tanist clients and to act as primary point of contact alongside the IT engineers within the IT department.
You will be allocated tickets to work through from customer service and it will be your responsibility to work through these and resolve them where possible. This role will also entail administration of the core system used.
You will also assist on projects where work can be done remotely. You will be directly assigned roles and tasks to do on projects and fulfil them.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Writing up and updating remote based IT processes that will help you and your colleagues diagnose and fix issues.
- Supporting our customer services function by helping them out when they are working on tasks and to cover break/ holiday/ sickness cover for this role.
- On very rare occasions, you may be required to go to site to undertake onsite support, but this is going to be the exception and not the rule.
- To undertake the repair/ setup of IT hardware as necessary.
- To monitor the internal IT ticketing system, resolve IT/ MSP support requests and where appropriate escalate to IT engineer or IT Manager.
- To help maintain the IT Assets, ensuring that details of all new equipment, disposals and relocations of equipment are recorded and updated as required.
- The ability to build rapport with clients, strengthen relationships and communicate effectively.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- The ability to work with minimum supervision, prioritising workload and extremely organised.
- Excellent communication skills including face-to-face, written and over the phone.
- Must be patient, enthusiastic, logical, flexible, and polite.
- Must have a knowledge of and ability with Microsoft Office suite.
We Value our employees and are committed to provide them with a workplace which is both safe and secure. Likewise, we create an environment where every employee is treated fairly, with respect and given equal opportunities.
- 24 days annual leave entitlement
- Additional day off for your Birthday
- Employee career progression
- Good organisation/time management and ability to multitask.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and relationships.
- Passionate about supporting clients and finding the right solutions for them.
- High detail-oriented and motivated
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive technical training online. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Information Communication Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Introduction to IT Support
- Stability and Resilience
- Testing and Problem Solving
- Introduction to Networks
- Cloud Systems
- Support Teams
- Specialism (Digital Communications, Network or Support)
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination to receive a professional certificate.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org