Energy Coast UTC
Level 3 Information Communication Technician
Company: Energy Coast UTC
Full Address: Blackwood Road, Workington, CA14 4JW
Weekly Hours Worked: 38 hours a week – 8-4 Mon – Thurs 8-14:30 Friday
Salary: £5.28 per hour
Please contact Megan on Megan.Dover@estio.co.uk or call 0113 3500 333
About the company:
At Energy Coast UTC our intent is to deliver academic excellence alongside a world class technical and skills based practical education, ensuring our students also excel in employability skills and work directly with employers on a range of projects. Our outstanding 14-19 college, located on the edge of the Lake District National Park in an area of outstanding natural beauty, is a thriving educational setting which has nurtured partnerships between industry and education. We prepare students to meet the demand for highly skilled engineers and civil engineers in Cumbria and the world.
We have been recognised at both local and national level for our excellence in education. Our accolades include: ‘Best Industry Engagement’, ‘Best Teaching Assistant’, ‘Best Apprentice’ and ‘The Well Being Award’ at the Golden Apple Awards 2022, ‘Secondary School of the Year’ in 2021 and 2019 at the Golden Apple Awards, Silver award winners for ‘Secondary School of the Year’ and ‘Headteacher of the Year in a Secondary School’ in the Pearson National Teaching Awards, Gold award winners for ‘Teacher of the Year in a Secondary School’ in the Pearson National Teaching Awards and TES finalists
For ‘Best New Teacher’ and ‘Teacher of the Year’. If you believe that this is an environment where you can thrive, develop and substantially contribute to an exciting and expanding future with Energy Coast UTC then please visit our website for more information www.energycoastutc.co.uk.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an IT Apprentice with Energy Coast UTC an Education Provider based in Workington.
PURPOSE OF JOB
- To deliver a responsive, effective and customer focused IT support service within school.
- To provide first line support to students, staff and parents for hardware, software, audio visual and online services.
- To complete support requests, projects as requested in a timely manner.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- To effectively support the 1:1 iPad scheme across the UTC.
- To be the first point of contact for staff and student requests.
- To respond to telephone and email requests for support in a timely manner.
- To maintain an up-to-date knowledge of current operating systems and standard software.
- packages, including both Windows and OSX.
- To provide support for the school’s telephone and multi-function device systems.
- To assist students, staff and parents with technical issues with devices and provide solutions.
- To setup and organise repairs for devices with third party support.
- To assist with the upkeep of the school IT inventory, licences and leases.
- To help produce and maintain IT reports, checklists and other documentation as necessary.
- To help maintain appropriate stock levels of peripherals and consumables and to raise purchase orders as necessary.
- To maintain satisfactory standards of safety and security in relation to computer rooms and equipment.
- To perform day to day housekeeping on the school network, making sure antivirus definitions are up to date and the daily backups have been taken.
- To support the maintenance of the school’s hardware and network and cloud-based resources.
- and infrastructure to ensure its effective use.
- To assist in the updating of the school website.
- To assist with installation of new equipment and software.
5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Demonstrable IT skills in Microsoft Office, Windows and iOSX.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of Apple devices and networks.
- Experience of working in a busy environment.
- The ability to maintain confidentiality when required.
- A passionate commitment to the Energy Coast UTC, it’s students and the local community.
- Commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion.
- The ability to demonstrate high expectations for all young people and encourage aspiration.
- Commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people.
- Resilience and the ability to work under pressure.
- High quality organisational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a high level of emotional intelligence.
- Willingness to take a part in the wider life of the UTC.
- Willingness to place a part in relevant training and knowledge.
- Enhanced DBS Clearance.
The role offers a permanent role upon completion of the apprenticeship depending on performance.
Training to be provided:
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we’ve purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 3 Information Communications Technician, with training in how to:
- Efficiently operate and control your ICT infrastructure – physical or virtual hardware, software, network services and data storage.
- Use infrastructure management tools to automate the provisioning, testing, deployment and monitoring of infrastructure components.
- Prioritise systems support tasks and monitor and maintaining system performance
- Maintain regulatory, legal and professional standards.
- Support the information systems needs for your business.
To apply for this job email your details to Megan.Dover@estio.co.uk.
View all Level 3 Apprenticeship Jobs
View Information Communications Technician Apprenticeship Course Overview
Find out about Level 3 Apprenticeships