Job Title: IT Support Apprentice
Company: Exigo Technologies
Address: 93 High Street, Watford, WD17 1LN
Hours: 9am – 5:30pm (37.5 hours)
Pay: £12,000 per annum
Age: Any age, happy to pay 5%
Please contact us on 0113 3500333 or email firstname.lastname@example.org regarding the role
About the company:
Exigo Technologies are a managed services provider. They manage the full range of technologies used by their clients from desktops to hosted/cloud solutions, including telecoms and network security.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an IT apprentice with Exigo Technologies in Watford. The successful candidate will have an opportunity to kick start their IT career with an ever-growing company. The company has current apprentices working for them, so the support is already in place for you to succeed!
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
Reporting to: Service Desk Team Leader
- To work as part of the support team, providing telephone and remote support to our varied customer base.
- To provide the highest quality of service to our clients.
- Provide a professional and customer-focused service through the life cycle of each ticket; manage customer expectations by keeping customer informed of progress.
- Recording all IT Incidents, Requests and Problems, ensuring all relevant details are captured in line with Service Desk standards.
- Classify calls accurately with the information provided and prioritise in line with the Service Level Agreement (SLA).
- Produce monthly reports for our clients and the service delivery team to review all supplied services
- Monitor alerting systems and respond to alerts in a timely manor
- Investigate and diagnose Incidents by providing first line telephone support, gathering and analysing information to identify and resolve a range of technical Incidents such as hardware, software, application and network Incidents with the objective of restoring normal service as quickly as possible.
- Resolution and fulfilment of Incident and Service Request within the Service Levels agreed.
- Liaising with third party suppliers where necessary, logging tickets as required and acting as a central point of contact.
- Monitoring and tracking Incidents, Requests or Problems, escalating where necessary to other resolver groups, or line Manager.
- To make a positive contribution to update and maintain Service Desk documentation including knowledgebase.
- Administration of various in-house software including account creations etc.
- Work within the IT Operating Model, following defined IT processes and procedures
- Ensure a high level of customer service is delivered
- Log and assign tickets and monitor workloads for the other Service Desk team members.
- Meet and exceed as required the agreed Service Levels in accordance with all IT Service Management processes (e.g. Incident, Request, Problem, etc…)
- To maintain a professional discipline within the team and the practice by adopting the procedures applicable to the department
- Analyse existing operations and make recommendations for the improvement and development of the relevant IT systems
- Upon management request you should be willing to perform duties outside normal business hours, e.g. on-call service or overtime.
- Any other duties required from time to time as requested by your line Manager or the Board
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Experience in supporting and using Windows 7 / 8 /10, MS Office
- Excellent customer service skills
- Drive, energy and initiative
- Professional approach
- Wiliness to learn and develop your technology skills
- Willingness to learn
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive eight weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Information Communications Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Stability & Resilience
- Testing & Problem Solving
- Cloud Services
- Introduction to Networks / Extended Networks
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com