Level 3 Information Communications Technician
Full Address – 49 Leasowe Road, Wallasey, CH45 8NY
Monday – Friday 9 AM – 5 PM (total 37.5 hours per week)
About the company:
Established in 2008, Propergeeks is based entirely on the Wirral, but we cover all CH postcodes. We offer a mobile service covering Wirral and Ellesmere Port and a shop-based service from our Leasowe Road store in Wallasey Village. We also offer a ‘Remote Support Desk’ facility which, in many cases, can resolve common software issues without the need for us to have any physical contact with customers or their devices, (internet service required).
We have over 30 year’s experience in repairing computers and laptops and we only employ skilled staff who are trained and competent to handle any computer problem, skilfully and quickly. We offer free advice if you need it, a free collection and delivery service if you need that and we never charge a call-out fee. Our reputation is your guarantee that you’ll be happy with what we do, happy with the price we charge and happy to recommend us to your friends and family.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an IT Support Apprentice with Propergeeks, a computer repair service based in Wallasey.
You will be working within a team providing IT support, initially carrying out routine checks and assisting end users to log support tickets. You will quickly progress to providing IT support by phone and in person.
You will be joining a dynamic company in a role which will be well mentored and will provide a variety of opportunities to learn. You must be flexible and be able to assist in a number of areas this will include support, customer service and project work.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Assist in the diagnostics and repair of hardware/software failures and user generated issues.
- Use your knowledge of Windows and Mac OS software to troubleshoot issues and resolve them for the user, both in person and, via remote support.
- Interact with customers in our store and answer customer queries on the telephone and by digital contact.
- Maintain good and safe housekeeping standards in the shop and workshop areas.
- Comply with Company dictated procedures in the handling of computerised devices, data security and protection, cash handling and customer record-card completion.
- Comply with company dictated procedures concerning the safe handling of electrical goods, chemicals (cleaning fluids, solvents), fire safety equipment and security routines.
- Attend Company sourced training courses in association with your Apprenticeship Learning Plan.
- Sign and comply with the company’s dictated procedure in the reporting of illegal and legal adult digital content.
- Comply with our Equal Opportunities and Equitable Access policy.
- Comply with our dress/uniform code.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Understanding of Windows and Mac OS software.
- Organisational skills to follow procedures and complete tasks within given time frames using incident management tools.
- Ability to communicate technical information to the user estate with a genuine desire to assist the customer.
- Be motivated to achieve outstanding levels of customer service in a team environment.
- Excellent telephone manner & customer facing skills.
- Enthusiasm to learn and progress.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Good time management skills.
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we’ve purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 3 Information Communications Technician, with training in how to:
- Efficiently operate and control your ICT infrastructure – physical or virtual hardware, software, network services and data storage.
- Use infrastructure management tools to automate the provisioning, testing, deployment and monitoring of infrastructure components.
- Prioritise systems support tasks and monitor and maintaining system performance.
- Maintain regulatory, legal, and professional standards.
- Support the information systems needs for your business.
To apply for this job email your details to Daniel.Buck@estio.co.uk.
View all Level 3 Apprenticeship Jobs
View Information Communications Technician Apprenticeship Course Overview
Find out about Level 3 Apprenticeships