Level 3 Information Communication Technician
Company Symbol Consulting
Full Address: Currently LS1 2DS – In a couple of months the new destination for the vacancy will be Wakefield WF2 9LP. More details to be confirmed.
Weekly Hours Worked 37.5
In a couple of months the new destination for the vacancy will be Wakefield WF2 9LP. More details to be confirmed.
Please contact Ava on Ava.Frankel@estio.co.uk or call 0203 834 2872
About the company:
At Symbol, our strapline, and mission is setting the standard. We have evolved over the past decade into a multi-disciplinary IT service provider and consultancy with a nationwide presence. Encompassing general and specialist remote IT support, engineering, and supplier management, we aim to breathe a breath of fresh air into every engagement we are involved in and go the extra mile. We have an impressive track record with high street retail clients, who entrust Symbol with ensuring stability and continuity of operations whilst helping our stakeholders to stay abreast of market developments and be competitive. Our core values of integrity, honesty and transparency remain at the heart of everything we do, with the assistance of our great people.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an IT Support Apprentice with Symbol Consulting an IT Company based in central Leeds.
IT support engineers are responsible for the smooth running of client’s computer systems, networks and ensuring users get maximum benefit from them.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Manning the support phone lines, providing first-class IT support.
- Dealing with retail store staff and managers and assisting them with IT/Telecoms first and second-line issues.
- Logging information on Service Desk software and raising a ticket.
- Providing updates to customers during ticket progression.
- Providing first-class support and either taking the issue to resolution or passing it on to the 3rd line support.
- Accurate document updating.
- Managing and configuring the installation of software.
- Managing 3rd party devices such as printers.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- A genuine interest in all aspects of IT.
- The ability to hold a professional business conversation delivering both positive and negative news.
- First class communication skills both written and verbal.
- Customer focussed way of working.
- Outgoing and confident telephone manner with strong customer service skills.
- The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- The drive and ambition to have a successful IT career.
The role offers a permanent role upon completion of the apprenticeship depending on performance.
Training to be provided:
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we’ve purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 3 Information Communications Technician, with training in how to:
- Efficiently operate and control your ICT infrastructure – physical or virtual hardware, software, network services and data storage.
- Use infrastructure management tools to automate the provisioning, testing, deployment and monitoring of infrastructure components.
- Prioritise systems support tasks and monitor and maintaining system performance
- Maintain regulatory, legal and professional standards.
- Support the information systems needs for your business.
To apply for this job email your details to Ava.Frankel@estio.co.uk.
View all Level 3 Apprenticeship Jobs
View Information Communications Technician Apprenticeship Course Overview
Find out about Level 3 Apprenticeships