Radis Group Ltd
Level 3 Information Communication Technician
IT Support Apprentice
Radis Group Ltd
15 Mercia House, Tamworth, B77 4AS
Please contact email@example.com or call 01133500333
About the company:
Radis Group is a well-established and successful family run care company which has been delivering high quality care and support to over 60 Local Authorities in England and Wales. The role of Radis is to provide outcome focused care for a range of Service Users including the elderly and for people with physical and/or learning disabilities. The care provided is client-centred and ranges from brief daily visits to 24-hour live-in care and can either be short or long-term.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a level 3 information communication technician with Radis, an sales and service training provider based in London.
IT desktop support technician, reporting to senior management, and sitting within the Information Technology team.
The purpose of this role is to provide first and second line support to the business, while escalating any support tickets that need to be resolved by the third line team. You will be expected to be an independent problem solver, pro-active, but also not afraid to ask for help when you get stuck. You will also be responsible for maintaining the IT asset register, keeping it up to date when any changes occur.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Handle and resolve helpdesk tickets to the SLA
- Provide Windows 10 desktop support
- Create, maintain and delete user accounts
- Handle starter and leaver requests
- Setting up email accounts on MS Exchange
- Mobile phones and tablet management (iOS), remote and on-site
- Liaising with telephony providers to order mobile phones and phone numbers
- Maintain the IT asset register
- Occasional visits to other sites for installations and support
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Windows 10 troubleshooting and maintenance
- Office 2013/2016/365 troubleshooting and maintenance
- Understanding of Outlook/Exchange
- Basic understanding of TCP/IP networking
- Strong communication skills, including good written English
- Personable manner, good with people, quick learner
- The ability to prioritise tasks and hit deadlines
- The ability, calmness and flexibility to respond to urgent IT issues
- The skills to ‘get things done!’
- Attention to detail
- Willingness to learn
- Residency in the UK – legally allowed to work in the UK for at least the next two years
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive technical training online. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Information Communication Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Introduction to IT Support
- Stability and Resilience
- Testing and Problem Solving
- Introduction to Networks
- Cloud Systems
- Support Teams
- Specialism (Digital Communications, Network or Support)
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination to receive a professional certificate.
Things To Consider
The role requires some ‘lifting and shifting’ of IT equipment and flexibility with cabling and networking.
The role may require travel to other sites throughout England and Wales. Own transport and a full clean UK driving license is advantageous for this role.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org