Virtue Technologies Ltd
Level 3 Information Communications Technician
Company: Virtue Technologies Ltd
Full Address: Chadwick House, White Moss Business Park, Maple View, Skelmersdale WN8 9TD
Weekly Hours Worked: 9-5pm Monday to Friday
Salary: £4.81per hour
Please contact: Jody on email@example.com or call 0113 3500 333
About the company:
Passionate about supporting schools with IT and we know the best way to do so is to be local! For 15 years we’ve been supporting schools in the North West and beyond.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an IT Apprentice with Virtue Technologies based in Skelmersdale.
The role will suit someone that has a very strong interest in IT and is looking to take the next step. Whilst formal qualifications are not required, the ideal candidate should have a good telephone manner and be able to demonstrate their interest in IT by showing what they have done to date and be hungry for the opportunity to learn and acquire new skills.
We are looking for someone looking to train as a Primary Services Engineer. You will be exposed to full range of IT skills. The role will be to provide an onsite and remote IT support service to Primary Schools as a Primary Services Engineer
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Provide first and second line support to staff and students in agreed schools both during scheduled visits and remote support.
- Monitor and maintain cases in the Helpdesk systems in place to ensure there is a prompt responses to users’ requests for support whilst on site.
- Monitor backups, server resources, windows updates and AV updates on allocated sites and log any issues for resolution, either by yourself or another member of the Team.
- Ensure that software and hardware is maintained and is in good working order, including undertaking repairs/modifications/upgrades within own capabilities
- Support staff in using software and devices effectively
- Contribute to the management and development of each school’s infrastructure, through the input of ideas and knowledge regarding developments in ICT generally
- Undertake appropriate training, both technical and non-technical to ensure that skills remain in line with job requirements.
- Maintain high professional standards of attendance, punctuality, appearance, conduct and positive, courteous relations with students, parents and colleagues.
- Formal qualifications not necessary but must show good communication / language skills and a strong foundation in basic maths.
Desirable skills and experience:
- MS Office skills
- Windows Client and peripheral problem resolution skills
- Active Directory administration skills
- Group Policy Administration Skills
- The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we’ve purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 3 Information Communications Technician, with training in how to:
- Efficiently operate and control your ICT infrastructure – physical or virtual hardware, software, network services and data storage.
- Use infrastructure management tools to automate the provisioning, testing, deployment and monitoring of infrastructure components.
- Prioritise systems support tasks and monitor and maintaining system performance
- Maintain regulatory, legal and professional standards.
- Support the information systems needs for your business.
For a full list of programme modules visit: estio.co.uk/courses/information-communications-technician
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org