Level 3 Information Communication Technician
Company: ALTIUS GROUP
Full Address: Eaves Brook House, Navigation Way, Preston, PR2 2YP
Weekly Hours Worked: 37.5
Please contact Abbey on Abbey.Lacey@estio.co.uk or call 0113 3500 333
About the company:
At Altius Group, we curate and execute business sale strategies for our clients and utilise our marketing and research expertise to ensure that we reach a global audience of acquirers, ranging from global investors and large corporates to regional groups and local buyers. Our unique approach uses our extensive market intelligence to deliver high quality sale mandate processes which are proven to deliver the right deal and the right buyer.
We offer a wide range of consultancy services to business owners seeking to create and develop their exit or growth strategies. Our corporate partnership solutions are tailored to each individual client with a strategy designed to deliver their goals.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an IT Support Apprentice At Altius Group, we curate and execute business sale strategies for our clients and utilise our marketing and research expertise to ensure that we reach a global audience of acquirers, ranging from global investors and large corporates to regional groups and local buyers based in Preston
Responsible for the administration, support and maintenance of the Company IT network, business systems, VOIP telephony, PC hardware infrastructure, including supporting all aspects of software applications.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- To administrate and maintain the network infrastructure and servers on a day-to-day basis including hardware maintenance, cabling, communications and performance issues of PC’s, laptops, servers, NAS boxes, printers, scanners, mobiles, tablets, etc.
- To maintain the Microsoft 365 and SharePoint systems including allocating permissions and access to drives as required.
- To ensure completion of daily backups.
- To maintain, support and develop all company business systems, including network devices, firewalls, routers and switches.
- Research solutions as and when required.
- To set up, maintain, configure and support all software.
- To monitor antivirus and firewall services, reporting irregularities as required.
- Setting up new systems, users and configuring mailboxes.
- Updating/amending global email distribution lists.
- To deliver new user IT inductions training for both PC and laptop users.
- Keeping the central IT asset register up to date for all IT equipment.
- To liaise with suppliers to support the purchase of all licensing, hardware and software for all aspects of the Company’s IT and Telephony requirements.
- To maintain and support company data provision ensuring stability, reliability, security, and performance.
- To assist with projects in respect to development, implementation and testing as required.
- To ensure that the Group is aware of and complies with relevant legislation.
- Provide first line of support to respond to end user IT requests, queries and faults, and resolve in a timely manner.
- If required, escalate queries to the IT Manager or 3rd party support providers to resolve.
- Administer security access requirements and permissions to software, SharePoint drives, mailboxes, etc.
- Support the rollout of upgrades, new systems or applications, taking an active role in the communication strategy to users.
- Maintain documentation and records relating to the work completed to ensure a historic record of the above upgrade and system changes are captured.
- To promote and comply with the Altius Group’s policies on equal opportunities and in line with the Equality Act 2010.
- To be responsible for improving your performance by participating in the Performance Appraisal process with your manager.
- To carry out such other duties and / or projects which are consistent with the nature, responsibilities or as necessitated by the needs of the business.
- Level 3 apprenticeship training will be provided with a view to becoming qualified in 12 to 18 months.
- This is a very varied role with lots of experience to be gained by the willing candidate.
The role profile and list of responsibilities is not exhaustive, will be subject to periodic review and may be amended to meet the changing needs of the business. The post holder will be expected to participate in this process, and we would aim to reach agreement to the changes.
5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
|· Experience in IT Systems / Network support, backend functionality, business systems implementation, fault recovery, hardware & software, setting up user access, Microsoft 365.
· Requirement for knowledge of internet technologies.
· Requirement for knowledge of anti-virus, anti-spam, and anti-spyware software.
· Requirement for knowledge of software firewalls.
- Personal qualities:
- Customer Service Orientation.
- Initiative and Commitment to Achieve.
- Organising for Results.
- Interpersonal Ability.
- Continuous Learning.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making.
- Prepared to work on an individual basis but also contribute to the success of the overall team.
- Future prospects:
- The role offers a permanent role upon completion of the apprenticeship depending on performance.
- Training to be provided:
- Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we’ve purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
- Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
- Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 3 Information Communications Technician, with training in how to:
- Efficiently operate and control your ICT infrastructure – physical or virtual hardware, software, network services and data storage.
- Use infrastructure management tools to automate the provisioning, testing, deployment and monitoring of infrastructure components.
- Prioritise systems support tasks and monitor and maintaining system performance
- Maintain regulatory, legal and professional standards.
- Support the information systems needs for your business.
To apply for this job email your details to Abbey.Lacey@estio.co.uk.
View all Level 3 Apprenticeship Jobs
View Information Communications Technician Apprenticeship Course Overview
Find out about Level 3 Apprenticeships