Level 3 Information Communications Technician
Title: IT Support Apprentice
Company: BJF Group
Full Address: Abbey Court, Boarley Ln, Maidstone ME14 3DD
Weekly Hours Worked: 37.5 pw
Please contact: email@example.com or call us on 01133 500 333
About the company:
BJF Connections Ltd trading as BJF Group operates Nationwide with our head office in Maidstone, Kent.The business was initially formed as a Mechanical & Electrical company supporting main contractors in major and minor project works.The growth of the company through new clients, repeat business and the appointment of a senior leadership team, who bring a vast amount of industry experience, has evolved the business into a multidisciplinary company with six very clear complimentary divisions.
Brief job description:
Support the company in all aspects of Information Technology, provide day to day support across all business units and ensure daily issues and long-term implementation projects are supported in a timely manner.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Responding to and logging helpdesk enquiries in a timely manner, categorising and prioritising them in line with team procedures.
- Providing Technical support for office-based staff and our site-based users via phone and remote session.
· Work closely with the IT Systems Manager and various divisional leads and external software companies.
· Attend review meetings, alongside the Head of finance, with our external IT providers to monitor their performance.
· Assisting with the setup and management of mobile phones and associated accessories.
· Assisting with the setup and management of PC, laptop and tablet’s.
· Help manage and maintain the IT asset schedule.
· Continuously offer assistance to department / divisional stakeholders to ascertain their IT needs and how the company can meet these either through training or investment.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language, Maths & ICT)
- Able to communicate effectively
- Eager to learn with a passion for IT and technical skills
- Able to work both independently and a support environment
- High grades in English & Maths desirable
- Team Player
The role offers a permanent role upon completion of the apprenticeship depending on performance.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive eight weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Information Communications Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Stability & Resilience
- Testing & Problem Solving
- Cloud Services
- Introduction to Networks / Extended Networks
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org