Level 3 Information Communications Technician
Company – Apogee Group
Full Address – Nimbus House, Liphook Way, Maidstone, Kent, ME16 0FZ UK
Weekly Hours Worked – Full time Monday – Friday
Salary – Apprentice NMW £4.81 p/h
Please contact Nabila on email@example.com or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
Apogee is Europe’s largest multi-brand provider of managed services, combining years of expertise and innovation to transform the way organisations operate. This unique approach provides clients with the perfect combination of print, document and IT hardware and software, supported by our market-leading service operation to create a secure and flexible workplace.
Our solutions are tailored to any organisation delivering super-efficient processes and automated workflows, helping businesses achieve their digital transformation goals. The technology we provide onsite is perfectly complemented by our portfolio of Outsourced Document Services that include hybrid mail, digital print, high-volume scanning and graphic design to ensure we keep organisations running around the clock, irrespective of location.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an apprentice Help Desk Technician with Apogee a European Managed Services provider based in Maidstone.
To provide administrative support as required
- You will work in a supported learning environment to develop the skills and knowledge required for IT Communications Technician (level 3).
- We will assist you to complete a IT Communications Technician Level 3 .
- The primary role is to support our customers with their service requirements
- Reports To 1st line Helpdesk Team Leader
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Undertake a structured development programme leading to a Level 3 IT Communications Technician qualification as part of an apprenticeship
- Actively participate in your own development plan with support from your line manager / mentor
- To work under supervision to learn all aspects of a 1st line helpdesk role
- Using remote access software to assist our clients in resolving printing related queries (print, scan, fax, colour queries and network related issues), in addition to providing remote break fix triage of laptop & desktop PC support in line with Apogee’s Managed IT Services offering
- Problem diagnosis & fault resolution
- Provide assistance to the 1st line Helpdesk team, but also learning about other aspects of Apogee Corporation
- Completing all tests, presentations and other required evaluations
- Constructively take part in meetings and other events to learn communication skills
- Working with your apprenticeship learning provider, completing any assignments in a timely manner
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- A knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook
- Basic IT skills and the ability to learn new systems
- A passion for a career in the IT industry
- Problem solver, good with diagnostics
- Enthusiastic with a desire to learn and be pro-active
- A positive attitude towards teamwork and able to work as part of a team
- Good organisational skills
- Reliable and good timekeeping
- Great attention to detail
The successful applicant will undertake an Apprenticeship in Level 2 Customer Service practitioner to include assessment in Skills, Knowledge and Behaviours, Functional Skills in Maths and English (where applicable) and completion of an End Point Assessment.
The successful applicant will be expected to complete and document 20% off-job-training.
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we’ve purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 3 Information Communications Technician, with training in how to:
- Efficiently operate and control your ICT infrastructure – physical or virtual hardware, software, network services and data storage.
- Use infrastructure management tools to automate the provisioning, testing, deployment and monitoring of infrastructure components.
- Prioritise systems support tasks and monitor and maintaining system performance
- Maintain regulatory, legal and professional standards.
- Support the information systems needs for your business.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org