Level 3 Information Communications Technician
Company: Central Computers
Full Address: Suite 5, Park Mews, 15b Park Lane, Hornchurch, Essex, RM11 1BB
Weekly Hours Worked: Monday – Friday 9-5 – Flexible
Salary: 15 – 20k dependant on experience
Please contact jess on Jessica.firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
Central Computers UK Limited are a small family company owned by husband and wife team since 2002. For the last 20 years we ran a retail shop providing equipment to and supporting the local community with their computer needs. Unfortunately, due to various changes in climate, exacerbated by Covid, we have had to close the shop but still provide these services from our office in Hornchurch, Essex. All sales and services are discussed with customers directly by phone, face to face or email. We do not sell online.
For the last 15 years we have provided IT Support services to local business and a couple of London based clients. They range from a single person company up to 50 users and are on a range of technologies from O365 to Domain networks and remote environments.
The key to our success is relationships. We are a very personal company and know our customers well, many for 15 + years. Whilst we provide and support their technology, we are not a faceless Call Centre and a good “bedside manner” is as important as the technical skills required to provide the solutions.
Any successful candidate will need to be personable, like interacting with people, show a keen interest in technical problem solving and able to multi-task.
The majority of our work is within a 6 mile radius from RM11 and we like to keep our recruitment within the local area. This is essential for the flexibility that we provide our customers and also to help with the work life balance as there is no opportunity to work from home as so much of our work is hands on.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an aspiring IT Support Apprentice with Central Computers a company providing IT Support / Repair / Configuration / PC’s / Laptops to the people of Businesses. This role is based in Romford Essex.
Throughout the apprenticeship we will endeavour to provide exposure to all aspects of the IT support, service and supply that we carryout in the business. There will be opportunities to be involved in work that is not within the expectation guidance below and we will provide more training and support when these opportunities arise.
The work we do is carried out in a mixture of face to face in our office or on customer site, remotely, by video call, or by phone.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
The first 6 months of the apprenticeship would concentrate on the general running of the business, domestic customer requirements, and 1st line support for business support customers and management of customer held information.
By 3 months Apprentices will be looking to carry out these tasks unsupported approximately 35% of the time, and by 6 months 80% of the time.
- General sales – this requires product knowledge and understanding of specifications and what products to recommend and quote.
- Stock – ordering / booking in.
- PC’s – creating pricelist and sales sheet / parts picking for orders.
- Producing invoices and taking payments.
- PC PDI – technical check after machines have been built.
- Repairs – machine booking in / Repair booking out – including technical check / paperwork contacting customer during their repair and on completion.
- Laptop setup and machine personalisation.
- Data transfer.
- Data recovery.
- Bench time support – basic IT support to install printers / configure email accounts and general user support / assisting customers with information on how to carry out some procedures.
- Laptop hardware repair – ordering and installation of replacement screens and keyboard.
- Call logging for business support work and escalation to relevant engineer.
- 1st Line support tasks.
- Logical diagnosis of issues to be outside of competency to escalate the issue to other team members.
- Routine tasks such as backup checks.
- Site work including installation / support of domestic pcs and small non server networks.
- Network printer installations / configurations.
- Domain machine connection, password changes and general user administration.
By 9 months
- 1st and 2nd line support for our business customers
- Basic networking – routers / wireless access points / printers (any non-server site)
- General PC repair
Looking for 40% unsupported rate at the end of 9 months
From 9 to 12 months we would be looking to secure the first 9 months training with an independence working rate of around 90% and be looking for initiative, self-development and commitment to personal progressing.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
Skills & Qualities:
- Excellent problem-solving techniques and an ability to learn new skills as required.
- Ability to work in a demanding environment and to manage time and customer expectations well.
- Able to work independently or within teams.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships.
- Demonstrates attention to detail and accuracy.
- Able to work to deadlines and follow procedures properly.
- Ability to produce documentation to a high standard.
- Good communication skills and confident enough to engage with customers.
- A strong interest and /or qualifications in ICT essential.
- Enthusiasm for the job.
- Must have an analytical approach and able to think creatively to solve problems.
- Motivated, reliable and responsible, able to work on own initiative as necessary, or within a team.
- Tidy appearance, approachable and friendly.
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we’ve purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 3 Information Communications Technician, with training in how to:
- Efficiently operate and control your ICT infrastructure – physical or virtual hardware, software, network services and data storage.
- Use infrastructure management tools to automate the provisioning, testing, deployment and monitoring of infrastructure components.
- Prioritise systems support tasks and monitor and maintaining system performance
- Maintain regulatory, legal and professional standards.
- Support the information systems needs for your business.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com