Axia Computer Systems
Level 3 Information Communications Technician
Company: Axia Computer Systems
Full Address: Axia House, 3d Regal Way, Watford, Hertfordshire WD24 4YJ
Weekly Hours Worked: Monday – Friday | 9am – 6pm (1 hour lunch)
Salary: £7 per hour (plus expenses)
Please contact Ava on Ava.Frankel@estio.co.uk or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
Founded in 1994, Axia Computer Systems is an IT solutions organisation. Their services include flexible IT support, professional IT project delivery and expert technical advice. They support small and medium-sized businesses throughout the UK, and via a flexible approach, they act as a client’s outsourced IT department, or supplement an existing IT function.
Axia helps clients improve organisational and individual performance by leveraging well-managed IT infrastructure, backed up by expert IT support and advice. The professionalism of their people, combined with the unique functionality of The Axia platform, ensures that they deliver a fast, exceptionally reliable and unusually accountable service to their clients.
Their services range from hardware and software sales, networking and installations, maintenance, internet services and support. Through various strategic programs, they have attained trading authorisation from several manufacturing companies including; Cisco, APC, HP, IBM, Dell, Eaton, Citrix, VMWare, Microsoft, Juniper & Fortinet to name but a few.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an IT Support Apprentice with Axia Computer Systems, an IT business based near Southampton. The job will start on Monday 8th September 2022.
This role will work closely with the Head of IT, providing first line IT Support for Axia Computer Systems.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Be involved in the day to day running and management of the IT helpdesk.
- Provision and maintain managed services.
- Create and resolve IT support tickets for customers.
- Resolve 1st and 2nd line IT support requests.
- Resolve 1st line server related issues.
- Resolve issues on site if necessary.
- Maintain a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Perform maintenance tasks for servers and workstations remotely.
- Manage projects relating to experience.
- Provide IT support out of hours for project work.
- Working with teams to streamline processes for the business and to our customers
- Aid future team members with our documentation as we process tasks/projects to maximise efficiencies.
- Strong financial acumen and be able to execute and deliver on sales & budgets.
- Administration tasks around back end office and help with lead generation.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Ideally good knowledge of hardware and software.
- Experience with LAN/WAN networks is beneficial.
- Some experience with Mac systems is beneficial.
- Interest in new technology such as latest Graphics/CPU hardware.
- Friendly and welcoming with excellent customer care ability.
- Positive attitude.
- Ability to listen to feedback and problem solve.
- Driving license and car is necessary.
- Excellent verbal & written communication.
- Be able to think on your feet in order to solve problems.
- Focus on attention to detail.
- Strong leadership, motivational and people skills.
- Tidy and Self Disciplined.
- Detailed orientated and passionate about service quality.
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we’ve purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 3 Information Communications Technician, with training in how to:
- Efficiently operate and control your ICT infrastructure – physical or virtual hardware, software, network services and data storage.
- Use infrastructure management tools to automate the provisioning, testing, deployment and monitoring of infrastructure components.
- Prioritise systems support tasks and monitor and maintaining system performance.
- Maintain regulatory, legal and professional standards.
- Support the information systems needs for your business.
For a full list of programme modules visit: estio.co.uk/courses/information-communications-technician
To apply for this job email your details to Ava.Frankel@estio.co.uk.
View all Level 3 Apprenticeship Jobs
View Information Communications Technician Apprenticeship Course Overview
Find out about Level 3 Apprenticeships