Level 3 Information Communications Technician
Company – Cutter Group
Full Address –7 Bell Yard, Strand, London WC2A 2JR
(Role is fully remote)
Weekly Hours Worked –Monday to Friday 09:00-18:00 – 1hr Lunch
Salary – £12,000 – £14,000 PA dependent on experience
Please contact Raymond on Raymond.Duke@estio.co.uk or call 0203 834 2872
About the company:
Being one of the world’s leading suppliers of virtualized desktop and server solutions, Cutter Group continue to deliver sustainable, cost-effective solutions and services of IT infrastructures across a wide range of sectors that include education, governments and financial services.
Founded in 2005, Cutter Group consistently continues to grow year on year and now have an exciting opportunity for a Support Engineer to come in as an apprentice to work within a company who are headquartered within the UK as well as having operations in Cyprus.
Reporting into the support manager, you will assist in implementing and supporting bespoke IT solutions on behalf of the company. To be an effective and efficient asset in learning the technologies and processes that enable Cutter to provide un-paralleled support and service to the entire customer base.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- To learn from the company’s Systems Engineers and Solutions Architects to develop the skills required to support technologies across the company’s customer base, and to become knowledgeable in all the tools and solutions required to deliver that support effectively.
- To assist in the provision of IT helpdesk support to customers through our main communicative mediums of ticket/helpdesk system, email, telephone, and on site.
- To assist the company’s Systems Engineers and Solutions Architects in their roles to ensure the effectively and timely delivery of support.
- To proactively manage and communicate own workload effectively, liaising with the Support Manager and other colleagues to ensure customers receive timely support and target SLAs are met.
- To assist in the maintenance and development of company documentation, ensuring solutions are documented sufficiently for any engineer to support.
- To undertake company provided training and proactively seek out own learning opportunities to develop new skills. To share that knowledge internally to ensure best practice is adopted throughout the company and that value for money is achieved from continued professional development.
- To continually develop knowledge within IT to work towards acquiring the requisite skills and knowledge of a Systems Engineer.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
With this role being carried out fully remote, we are looking for an individual who has the capabilities and maturity to be able to hit the ground running and be a self-starter. However, you will always have the support there when needed.
- Passionate about technology and providing a high degree of service to customers.
- Ability and desire to develop new skills, expand knowledge, and learn new technologies.
- Self-motivated, able to work without supervision and have a flexible and proactive approach.
- To be able to manage own workload and communicate any challenges effectively.
- Suitable environment at home to work from, including space to run multiple monitors and occasional server equipment.
- Demonstrate strong organisational skills.
- Exhibit time management skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Work well under pressure.
- Self-motivated and able to thrive in a fast moving, high pressure working environment.
- Client and team focused – understand the requirements of each.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills.
- Display a proactive approach.
- Have a keen interest in IT with a willingness to continually upgrade your skills and qualifications in line with the latest technologies.
- A good communicator, both written and verbal.
- Excellent organisational skills with good attention to detail.
- Good communication skills and positive “can do” attitude.
- Patient and willing to share knowledge.
- Enthusiasm for continual learning and new challenges.
- Physically fit and capable of lifting and moving equipment.
- Willingness to sometimes work unsociable hours, if necessary.
- Logical, and capable of analysing technical Issues.
- Good at multitasking.
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we’ve purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 3 Information Communications Technician, with training in how to:
- Efficiently operate and control your ICT infrastructure – physical or virtual hardware, software, network services and data storage.
- Use infrastructure management tools to automate the provisioning, testing, deployment and monitoring of infrastructure components.
- Prioritise systems support tasks and monitor and maintaining system performance
- Maintain regulatory, legal and professional standards.
- Support the information systems needs for your business.
To apply for this job email your details to Raymond.Duke@estio.co.uk.
View all Level 3 Apprenticeship Jobs
View Information Communications Technician Apprenticeship Course Overview
Find out about Level 3 Apprenticeships