Level 3 Information Communication Technician
IT Support Apprentice
Company: IT Wiser
Address: Office 34 Bradford Chamber Business Park, New Ln, Bradford BD4 8BX
Hours: 8:30am to 5pm
Wage: £7 – £7.50 per hour
Please contact Tom.email@example.com on or call 01133500333
About the company:
IT Wiser provide an array of managed IT services to all types of business. Their detailed service portfolio enables them to be a Managed Service Provider (MSP), a Value-Added Reseller (VAR) and an IT Solutions Provider.
Their approach is proactive, often spotting issues before the client is even aware of them. They believe that businesses should be able to get on with what they do best and not have to worry about maintaining servers and networks. They work closely with clients to ensure they get the level of service their business needs to function reliably. Since IT Wiser are not tied to sales targets, they are able to give completely impartial whole of market IT and network advice and suggest the solution that is right for a business.
Brief Job Description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an aspiring IT apprentice with IT Wiser based in Bradford.
IT Wiser are looking for a keen and ambitious IT apprentice to join the team. The ideal person will be answering client calls and helping to resolve issues with client systems. In house training will be provided as well as access to a variety of different systems. Daily routines will be allocated which include things like checking backups and antivirus are up to date. You will learn to use and be required to use a ticketing timesheet system to keep a log of issues. As you progress you will be given the opportunity to learn more about Cyber Security and IT systems and grow your skill set in this growing area of business. You may be required to visit client sites from time to time so should have your own transport and Full UK driving license. You will also be required to do general office duties from time to time.
Your duties and responsibilities will consist of:
- To undertake the apprenticeship training and achieve the Level 3 qualification
- Respond to customer issues on site.
- Fixing hardware issues
- PC hardware components & building/repairing PCs
- Troubleshooting networking services such as TCP IP, DHCP, DNS, WINS, VPN, Switch, Routers, Firewalls.
- Responding to support tickets
- To assist on first line support for Microsoft365 queries like email addresses, shared mailboxes, distribution groups etc
- Setting up new users using new starter form, including setting up M365 permissions and groups and setting up laptops
- Help to continue to develop additional Conditional Access Policies in Azure/Intune
- Maintain Fixed Asset register.
Skills & qualities:
- Excellent communication skills & a ‘can do’ attitude
- Ability to handle customers queries with empathy and tact
- Work well in a team and happy to listen to guidance from others
- Self-motivated to be able to work when left alone
- Good time keeping and workload management
- Excellent problem-solving skill
- See problems through to the end via taking ownership of them
- A*- C in English Language and Maths
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive eight weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Technical Trainer and Progress Management Coordinator who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Information Communication Technician with training in areas such as:
- Functional Skills
- Introduction to IT Support
- Working in IT Support
- Stability & Resistance
- Testing & Problem solving
- Introduction to Networks
- Extended Networks
- Cloud Systems
- Chosen specialism – IT Support, Network or Digital Comms
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org