Ashton Sixth Form College
Level 3 Information Communication Technician
Title: IT Support Apprentice
Company: Ashton Sixth Form College
Full Address: Darnton Road, Ashton-under-Lyne, England OL6 9RL
Weekly: Hours Worked: 36 hours per week
Salary: £6.56 per hour
Please contact Tom on email@example.com or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
Ashton Sixth Form College is a leading provider of post-16 education in the Tameside borough. With years of experience, dedicated teaching, high expectations for learners and a diverse study programme, learners achieve and exceed.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an IT Support Apprentice with Ashton Sixth Form College, a post-16 education based in Tameside borough.
- To check and maintain the Trust’s IT resources for safe, effective use by users.
- To provide technical support and advice to staff and students in line with the Trust’s IT Support service level agreement.
- To be responsible for keeping appropriate records of equipment, repairs and stock.
- Keep up to date with IT developments.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Desktop & Application Support
- Maintain, upgrade and repair a wide range of PCs and peripherals across the trust;
- Install and test new peripherals;
- Diagnose and resolve basic PC, printer, peripheral and software faults;
- Set up and maintain new computers in accordance with the standard build;
- Server & Network support
- Perform routine maintenance tasks for user accounts including maintaining password integrity, and assisting users to access network resources;
- Install and maintain standard network cabling.
- Health & Safety
- Carry out basic safety checks and escalate problems as required;
- Follow relevant Health & Safety procedures and raise awareness among staff and students;
- Follow and comply with the Trust’s policies and procedures as outlined in the Staff;
- Handbook and take responsibility for the duty of care in respect of the levels of Health and Safety across the Trust.
- Configuration & Installation
- Update records of installed hardware and software;
- Follow an acceptance test procedure on new IT equipment and report results appropriately;
- Record and implement changes to hardware and applications; collate and interpret results of testing and advise if goods are fit for use.
- Business Continuity, Maintenance & Security
- Follow instructions to implement the trust’s backup, virus protection, security and e-Safety procedures;
- Follow maintenance procedures according to a defined schedule;
- Be prepared to work flexibly to support users and resolve problems to maintain a high level of service.
- User Support and Request Management
- Record requests accurately in using the IT Helpdesk System;
- Retrieve details of previous requests if an enquiry is made;
- Investigate requests for support, record diagnostic information and either resolve or escalate to the appropriate level;
- Work to the IT service level agreement and note problems in maintaining service levels.
- On-going Projects and Upgrades
- Install equipment, cabling and software as required.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- General understanding of IT
- Good written and verbal communications
- Problem solving
- Team player
- Team work
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive technical training online. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Digital Marketer Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Introduction to IT Support
- Stability and Resilience
- Testing and Problem Solving
- Introduction to Networks
- Cloud Systems
- Support Teams
- Specialism (Digital Communications, Network or Support)
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination to receive a professional certificate.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org