Title: IT Support Technician
Weekly Hours: Mon – Fri, 9am – 5:30pm
Salary: £9,000 – £12,000 DOE
Office: Albany Court, Albany Road, Market Harborough, Leicestershire, LE16 7QP
Please contact Josh Ankers on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
Formed in late 2005 SymCirrus (formally Symitry Business Services) has grown into a profitable company with continued growth, working closely with Market leading vendors we are able to offer the latest in cutting edge technology solutions to fit your business’s needs, SymCirrus has prided itself on employing only the highest skilled staff whom all have a part to play in the continued success of the business.
We offer services at every stage of your infrastructure development, kit supply, network design/implementation and support services; we can work seamlessly alongside your current IT department, manage specific areas or the whole of your infrastructure on your behalf.
Serving companies across a wide spectrum of market sectors from Retail to Finance, pharmaceutical to local government, we believe that we have the skills, knowledge and expertise to fulfill your IT needs.
Brief Job Description:
Estio Training has an exciting new opportunity for an IT Support Technician to join SymCirrus’s growing helpdesk team.
As part of our continued plans for growth, we require a highly motivated individual to join our IT helpdesk team, to assist in day-to-day support tickets. You will ensure the smooth running of customers computer hardware, software and cloud-based services. This will include setup, configuration and support of existing systems.
We believe in building a strong and trustworthy relationship with our customers and combined with our expert knowledge, commercial awareness and enthusiasm we can ensure the smooth running of every aspect of your business.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
The IT Support Technician role is varied and will include on the job training. Duties include:
- Support external clients with their day to day IT related issues
- Take telephone calls to help clients through setup or resolve issues
- Log support calls via ticket system
- Workstation and server support and trouble shooting.
- Setting up new users and dealing with passwords resets etc
- Good written English and Grammar skills are essential
- Good telephone manner is essential
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Full, Clean Driving Licence.
- Good communication skills.
- High level of attention to detail.
- A good team player.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Can work well independently and within a team.
- Good organisation/time management and ability to multi task.
- Need to be enthusiastic, hardworking and self-motivated.
- Previous similar role experience is an advantage
- Windows and mac operating system knowledge
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive six weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Technical Expert who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 IT Solutions Technician Certificate with training in areas such as:
- BCS Security and Legislation
- BCS Core Technologies
- BCS Methodologies and Principles
- Hardware or Software Option
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com