Level 3 IT Solutions Technician
Company: Optimity Ltd
Full Address: Base – 4A Lansdowne Court Business Centre, Byron House, Bumpers Way, Chippenham, SN14 6RZ
Weekly Hours Worked: 39.5h p/w in shift patterns between 08:00 to 18:00 Mon-Fri with 1h break for lunch.
Salary: £11,000 PA
Please contact Darcy Greaves on Darcy.Greaves@estio.co.uk or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
Optimity Ltd has a deep and rich heritage in IT services. We’ve been leading technology innovation and service excellence for over 20 years. From revolutionary wireless connectivity products right the way through to end point device management we are technology experts who like to make IT simple.
Brief Job Description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an IT Solutions Apprentice with Optimity Ltd, an ISP, MSP and IT Solutions provider with HQ in London and a new acquired office based in Chippenham. You will be based here in Wiltshire, working alongside a very established team who have a real passion about technology.
As we enter an exciting period of growth, we are happy to have an opportunity for an Apprentice Service Support Engineer to join an established team responsible for the installation, management and service of Optimity’s IT products. We are looking for an individual with a strong interest in IT, supporting a fast-growing team with day-to-day 3rd party and internal IT support.
- Proactively and reactively deliver 1st line helpdesk and technical support as required to our clients, with a primary focus of expectation and customer service.
- Research industry relevant technological developments, highlighting any personal development requirements whilst encouraging the Service Desk Team to emulate your passion for technology.
- Learning how IT operates, its configuration and deployment then applying that to day-to-day duties.
- Working as the first point of contact for our customers so confidence and customer service is going to be a big part of the role.
- Providing remote and hands-on technical support on a daily basis with varied tasks based on business and clients’ needs.
- On-site visits when required.
- Administer service tickets for the service desk, creating new tickets, updating and closing tickets.
- Actively manage expectations with clients, 3rd parties and staff.
- Make and receive telephone calls to our clients and suppliers to ensure class leading service is provided.
- Maintain and update internal client documentation and database systems as required for our clients and the engineering team.
- Ensure client satisfaction is achieved and maintained.
- Be aware of commercial opportunities with existing and prospective clients.
- Contribute to an environment that fosters open communication and trust with.
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution.
This list is not exhaustive, and the tasks assigned might increase as per company’s needs.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Customer service driven.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment as well as under pressure.
- Basic IT knowledge and understanding.
- High attention to detail.
- Excellent time management and organisation.
- Be a team player, but also able to work on your own initiative.
- Have a “can do attitude” and contribute to a “winning” culture in the team.
- Be able to communicate clearly to all staff, suppliers and clients.
- Enthusiastic and passionate about technology.
- Quick learner and rapidly able to adapt.
- Keen to learn within the IT industry.
- Passionate about technology
- Excellent communication skills
- Good English skills (verbal/written)
- Ability to take responsibility for your own learning, development & progression.
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive eight weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- PC Fundamentals
- Business Processes & Customer Services
- Networking & Architecture
- Mobile & Operating Systems
- Cloud Services
- Coding & Logic
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org