Level 3 Information Communications Technician
Title – IT Infrastructure Apprentice
Company – Dotmatics Limited
Full Address – Windhill, Bishop’s Stortford CM23 2ND
Weekly Hours Worked – 37.5 hours – 9am-5:30pm
Salary – £12-15k per annum
Please contact us on 01133 500 333 or email email@example.com
About the company:
Dotmatics is a scientific informatics software and services company that is driving the automation of laboratory workflows for discovery and innovation research – accelerating the journey towards full digitalization and the Lab of the Future. With a mission to give scientists access to all of their data, all of the time, Dotmatics provides a unique portfolio of tools for fully automated, end-to-end workflows including data acquisition, knowledge management, data storage, enterprise querying and reporting, and data analytics and visualization. Through these comprehensive solutions, the Company is helping its customers to increase lab efficiency and make better informed decisions driven by all data. Dotmatics’ customers include many of the world’s leading pharmaceutical, biotechnology, contract research, chemicals and materials companies. Insight into the challenges faced by these organizations enables Dotmatics to focus on delivering versatile and intuitive products and services that have potential to turn around the productivity deficit in research and accelerate development of novel drug candidates or products.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have a really exciting new opportunity for an IT Apprentice with Dotmatics a scientific software and services based in Bishops Stortford.
An exciting opportunity presents itself for an IT apprentice who has a strong desire to begin a career within the information technology sector. Reporting to the IOPS Infrastructure Engineer, you will gain a wealth of experience by providing IT support services within the organisation. Over the duration of the apprenticeship, you will spend time working with the IOps, CloudOps, and SecOps teams and be given appropriate training so you can provide IT support to end-users and also customers via the Dotmatics Cloud SaaS environment.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- IT helpdesk administration, ensuring tickets are resolved promptly (resolving or escalating as needed)
- Preparing and maintaining documented operating procedures • Assisting the overall IT team as required IOPS Specific
- Diagnosing and resolving technical issues (e.g. laptop, server, networking, authentication)
- Assist with the rollout, deployment & migration of new hardware/technologies
- Assist with the new user enrolment process, including account setup and IT onboarding CloudOps Specific
- Assisting with CloudOps tasks, such as application upgrades, access requests, and system maintenance (e.g. snapshots and environment clones) SecOps Specific
- Assisting the SecOps team with security monitoring, vulnerability/patch management, penetration testing
- Assisting with the enterprise information security strategy, and helping the organisation to maintain its accreditation with ISO 27001
- Working with customers as required to ensure compliance with their security requirements e.g. completion of RFP documentation
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Good communication skills
- Interest and passion in IT. Preferably studied at school / college
- Good time-keeping
- Attention to detail
- Good written and verbal communication skills
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive eight weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Information Communications Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Stability & Resilience
- Testing & Problem Solving
- Cloud Services
- Introduction to Networks / Extended Networks
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org