Level 3 Information Communication Technician
Company: TDM Group
Full Address: Mallard Court, Market Square, Staines-upon-Thames, TW18 4RH
Weekly Hours Worked: up to 40 hours p/w
Salary: 16k p/a
Please contact Stephanie on email@example.com or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
We are an IT Services company, specialising in Hosting, Outsourcing and Consultancy Services. We are looking for an Apprentice to join our Onsite Support Engineer team to provide first and second line support, and to help us deliver projects and provide support to clients both over the phone and face to face.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an Apprentice field Engineer with TDM Group, an IT Services company based in Surrey.
Whilst being supported and under supervision, you will be trained to carry out software installations; typically Windows Server, Linux and Windows 8.1/10, hardware installations and racking; such as servers, thin clients, storage devices and switches, as well as carry out initial troubleshooting for any hardware failures for these devices. You will provide PC hardware support and help with PC rollouts for new customer sites and office moves. Additionally, you will also be trained to carry out visits to customer sites and our data centres in order to help with project work or for troubleshooting PC/server hardware failures. The work is varied and includes installation, termination, testing and labelling of all cross connects (CAT 6 and fibre) in the Data Centre or other facilities as well as hardware installation including: shelves, power strips, rails, cable management and customer equipment. Understanding of PC Maintenance and Hardware troubleshooting skills and repair ability are essential to this role.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Configuration – all aspects of desktop/server hardware installation and builds, delivery to customer environment.
- Repairing or troubleshooting faulty equipment, installing and configuring hardware and software
- Resolving first line user support requests onsite and over the phone
- Responsible for travelling to client sites, in and around the UK, to deal with issues which require an onsite presence and for project work.
- You will be required to play an active role in the team, remaining flexible to support others in busy periods and be prepared for working long periods away from home. Long journey times may also be involved.
- Work as part of a team to deliver projects.
- Working in data centres to install new racks, servers, storage and network devices.
- To undertake any other duties that may reasonably be required providing assistance to remote engineers.
5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Enthusiastic about IT.
- Good hardware knowledge – PC’s, laptops, servers and printers.
- Good understanding of Windows and Mac operating systems, and mobile devices.
- Able to work some evenings and weekends.
- A willingness to travel anywhere within the UK.
- Effective team player.
- Good communication skills, both verbally and written.
- Ability to communicate effectively to all departments within the company, as well as the company’s clients at different technical levels.
- Demonstrate a confident, proactive approach which drives development for the company’s clients including rationalising improvement opportunities.
- Thorough, pays attention to detail.
- Versatile, adaptable, able to handle changes to objectives, scope and area of responsibility.
- Able to work well under pressure and independently.
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives people the opportunity to get experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive eight weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Information Communication Technician with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, maths L2 and English L2
- PC Fundamentals
- Business Processes & Customer Services
- Networking & Architecture
- Mobile & Operating Systems
- Cloud Services
- Coding & Logic
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org