Level 3 Information Communications Technician
Company: Portland Fuel
Full Address: 1 Toft Green, York YO1 6JT
Weekly Hours Worked: Monday – Friday 08:30 – 17:00
Please contact Rachel on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
Portland Fuel are a specialist fuel and energy trading company based in York, England. Our international business has a turnover of £50m per annum and we are widely recognised as a leading player within the energy sector, frequently being asked to appear on mainstream media outlets to discuss markets and industry developments.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an IT Technician with Portland Fuel, a specialist fuel and energy trading company based in York.
We are looking for motivated individuals to join our IT trainee program in 2022. Successful candidates will complete a training course in various disciplines including but not limited to, IT security, software development, network infrastructure, communication systems. You will liaise with suppliers and be responsible for the upkeep of desktops and laptops used throughout the company, as well as physical and virtual servers. We operate across Windows and Linux environments and utilise SiteGround and Azure remote hosting solutions.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Coding and Development of new applications as business demands
- Nearly all coding is done in the C# programming language
- Maintaining existing codebase in areas such as
- Data retrieval, recording and manipulation (C#, SQL)
- SFTP communication application (C#, JSON)
- Database connection (with and without Entity Framework) (C#, SQL)
- Updating existing codebase to latest version of .Net (C#)
- Internal IIS website intranet (C#, HTML, CSS)
- Setting up and maintaining new Local and Virtual Linux Server Environments
- Maintaining existing local Windows Server environment
- Internal and external websites utilising standard LAMP stack or IIS, Apache, PHP, HTML, CSS, WordPress, Node
- Maintenance of MySQL and PostgreSQL databases both locally and remotely
- Helping staff with Windows 10 and application related enquiries
- Supervision and logging of internet usage statistics and liaising with suppliers
- Overseeing communication equipment liaising with suppliers and teaching staff on use
- Keeping up to date with latest security protocols and carrying out risk and threat assessments
- Ensuring all IT infrastructure is properly patched with latest supplier updates
- Understanding network infrastructure for optimisation and fault tracing
- Purchase, setup and maintenance of peripherals in a LAN
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Basic knowledge of IT software
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Process driven
- Good communications skills
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required.
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks.
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we’ve purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 3 Information Communications Technician, with training in how to:
- Efficiently operate and control your ICT infrastructure – physical or virtual hardware, software, network services and data storage.
- Use infrastructure management tools to automate the provisioning, testing, deployment and monitoring of infrastructure components.
- Prioritise systems support tasks and monitor and maintaining system performance
- Maintain regulatory, legal and professional standards.
- Support the information systems needs for your business.
For a full list of programme modules visit: estio.co.uk/courses/information-communications-technician
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com