Level 3 IT Solutions Technician
High St, Crofton, Wakefield, WF4 1NF
£4.15, rising to £4.30 p/h in April.
Please contact Daniel Wilsher on Daniel.email@example.com or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
Crofton Academy are a part of a Multi Academy Trust consisting of two secondary schools, one primary school, one junior school and an infant school. The high school is committed to creating an environment that will best support the current and future development of its students. As such, you will be working as part of a supportive and high performing team that deliver results.
To sustain future growth across the Multi Academy Trust we have an exciting opportunity for an IT Apprentice to join the ICT department based at Crofton Academy. You will work with the existing teams at both Castleford Academy and Crofton Academy in order to ensure that the ICT department delivers a seamless service to schools within the Academy Trust.
We are searching for a driven individual to work alongside the senior members of the IT Team with the aim to gain job specific skills, whilst also studying towards becoming a qualified IT Solutions Technician. You will be constantly liaising with the IT team, working from the main office to deal with IT related calls, offering guidance and advice to initial problems with IT infrastructure and software.
The right individual for this position will be very well organised having a planned approach to workload, using initiative to complete tasks at hand. Being a role model for students and upholding the values of the academy is highly important. Working within a high performing team, a positive attitude and a ‘can do’ approach to work is essential.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Being the first point of contact in the maintenance and repair of IT/Hardware software/AV equipment.
- Supporting the ICT Team in the day to day running of the department including manning the ICT helpdesk.
- Working with colleagues to understand the nature of reported faults, where possible implementing solutions on site.
- Assisting with system upgrades and/or setting up of new devices.
- Logging faults on to the in-house fault database.
- Committed to attending college on the required bases (regularity dependent on course) and carry out all the work necessary in order to complete the course to your full potential.
- As individuals’ skills develop, they may be required to support IT team on tasks.
- Other appropriate technician duties under supervision and as requested by the IT Systems Development Lead.
- Be committed to undertaking the advanced apprenticeship course for the full term and actively participate in the training provided by both the Academy and our training provider.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- (Desirable) A higher qualification within an IT related subject.
Skills Required (Essential/desirable skills, knowledge and Qualifications):
- Basic/intermediate knowledge of software and hardware.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Strong numeracy/literacy skills.
- A good communicator with excellent inter-personal skills.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Able to prioritise tasks effectively.
- Flexible and hardworking with a desire to learn.
- Able to liaise with staff and pupils, face-to-face, through the Helpdesk by phone calls/messaging systems.
- Committed to undertaking the Apprenticeship Course for the full term and actively participate in the training provided by both the Academy and our training provider.
- Have an ability to build positive relationships with pupils, parents, staff, governors and trustees.
- Are committed to the vision and values of Crofton Academy and Castleford Academy Trust.
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
Find out more about our Level 3 Infrastructure Technician apprenticeship programme.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org