Level 3 Information Communications Technician
Title: IT Apprentice
Full Address: First Floor, 1 Old Jewry, London EC2R 8DN
Weekly Hours Worked: 35 hours per week
Salary: £8k – £15k p/a
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
Empiric is a dynamic technology and transformation recruitment agency specialising in data, digital, cloud, security and transformation. We supply specialist tech and change recruitment services to businesses looking for both contract and permanent professionals.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a 1st Line Service Desk Apprentice with Empiric, a Tech Recruiter based in Central London.
We are looking to recruit a 1st line Service Desk Apprentice. We are looking for a hardworking, organised individual who is flexible and willing to learn. A personal interest in IT/Technology along with the drive for self-improvement is critical in any candidate looking to apply for this role.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Provide 1st line technical support to telephone requests and emails from users.
- To ensure calls for support are dealt with promptly and appropriately.
- Maintaining existing Hardware and Software to agreed standards.
- Key accountabilities will include maintenance and documentation of the registration system.
- All maintenance, set up and configuration of the office printers and laptops.
- Manage user requests for software downloads or installations.
- Cleaning of old/slow computers.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to multitask
- Organisational skills
- Communication skills
- IT skills
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive technical training online. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Information Communication Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Introduction to IT Support
- Stability and Resilience
- Testing and Problem Solving
- Introduction to Networks
- Cloud Systems
- Support Teams
- Specialism (Digital Communications, Network or Support)
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination to receive a professional certificate.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com