Level 3 Information Communication Technician
Title: IT Apprentice
Full Address: 257a Pavilion Road, Chelsea, London SW1X 0BP
Weekly Hours Worked: Monday-Friday 37.5 hours
Please contact Tom on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
A world where luxury and versatility are never compromised. Where our expertise meets your individuality. A world where our craft meets your story.
We endeavor to make the ordinary extraordinary and the everyday timeless. Rooted in deep heritage, we represent over 130 years of British luxury leather goods at their most refined, with an enduring dedication to unrivalled craftsmanship. Smythson has long catered to the highly discerning, from European Royalty and the Indian Maharajas to the likes of Grace Kelly, Katharine Hepburn, Claudette Colbert and Vivien Leigh. Influential figures, leading extraordinary lives, from Sigmund Freud to Sir Winston Churchill, recognised the timeless purity of our creations.
Today, that legacy continues – a distinctly unique, extraordinary brand catering to extraordinary people.
- Provide 1st line End User Support (via phone, chat, email or in person) covering all Microsoft Windows PCs, MS Office, Office 365, Macs, iPhones/iPads, Printers, Phones and Store/Warehouse specifically related devices.
- Responsible for installation and configuration of computer systems, detecting hardware and software problems, and solving technical issues.
- Will focus on support activities but will be involved on project work as part of the on-the-job learning.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
User on boarding / off boarding:
- Install and set up new equipment e.g. PCs, monitors, etc.
- Keep end user guides and IT knowledge base up to date
End User Support:
- Receive end user calls (email, chat, phone and in-person), register and prioritise them
- Troubleshoot issues to determine cause and resolution
- Resolve basic technical issues according to expected skills
- Seek help from the rest of team to solve issues and learn from them
- Keep standards and documentation
- Maintain tidy/organised IT equipment storage and work area
- Install software
- Proceed hardware/software maintenance
Back office administration:
- Keep hardware and software inventory
- Decommission of assets
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Any Desktop/End User IT Support experience would be beneficial
- Knowledge of Microsoft, Apple and Network Technologies would be beneficial
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), dedication, initiative, problem solving, interpersonal skills and team player
- Capacity to work independently, willingness to assist others and strong sense of responsibility
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive technical training online. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Information Communications Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Introduction to IT Support
- Stability and Resilience
- Testing and Problem Solving
- Introduction to Networks
- Cloud Systems
- Support Teams
- Specialism (Digital Communications, Network or Support)
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination to receive a professional certificate.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com