Level 3 Information Communication Technician
Ground Floor Unit 13, Holly Park Mills, Woodhall Road, Calverley, Leeds, LS28 5QS
£12,000 – £15,000 per annum
Please contact Tom on email@example.com or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
Rabb-IT are IT outsourcing experts based in Leeds, West Yorkshire. We specialise in IT Consultancy, IT Support and Outsourced IT Management. We can look after your laptops, desktops, servers and networks (it doesn’t matter if you’re using PCs or Macs). With over 20 years of expertise in support we’ll give honest, to the point advice without the flannel and technobabble associated with some IT professionals.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an IT Apprentice with Rabb-IT, an IT Company based in Leeds.
Roles & Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Working on the support desk using VOIP, answering customer calls
- Technical support with hardware and software systems
- Laptop/ PC repairs and upgrades
- Working with routers and switches
- Performing diagnostic tests, modifications to software and hardware
- Fault finding on customer networks
- Raising tasks via ticket system; booking time and keeping ticket up to date
- Carrying out configuration and testing of new kit prior to installation
- Collating data for reporting
- Testing and installing new hardware and software
- Meeting daily KPIs
- Updating tickets daily
- Responding to customers within 2 hours
- Assisting in clearing unassigned ticket queue
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Driving licence desirable but not essential
- Confident both on the phones and in front of clients
- Ability to work under own steam and manage workload efficiently
- Resides within maximum 45-minute commute distance from Rabb-IT office
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Able to work Monday – Friday on rota’d shift pattern.
Desired Quality, Skills & Knowledge
- A natural passion for IT
- Knowledge of IT hardware/ software – various systems and devices
- Involved with tech within own time
- Good organizational skills and time management
- Someone who is eager to learn and progress through further training
- Good communication skills (Written and over the telephone)
- A team player
- Ability to work independently
- Good time and task management skills
- Proficient in Outlook, Word and Excel
Salary, Hours & Benefits:
Full support and guidance will be provided by both Rabb-IT throughout your time on the apprenticeship.
- Monday to Friday 9.0 AM – 5.30 PM
- £12-£15k Per Annum, depending on experience and qualifications
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Lunch days each month
- Christmas party
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives people the opportunity to get experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive eight weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Information Communication Technician with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, maths L2 and English L2
- PC Fundamentals
- Business Processes & Customer Services
- Networking & Architecture
- Mobile & Operating Systems
- Cloud Services
- Coding & Logic
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org