Level 3 Information Communication Technician
Company Reed Boardall
Full Address Reed Boardall, Bar Lane, Roecliffe Lane, Boroughbridge, North Yorkshire, YO51 9NN
Weekly Hours Worked 40 – 9-5 Monday-Friday
Salary £15,000 Per Annum
(applicants will need to be drivers, as there is no form of public transport that goes to the site)
Please contact Alfie on Alfie.Cook@estio.co.uk or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
We are one of the largest temperature-controlled food distribution businesses in the UK, we store and deliver frozen food from manufacturers, big and small, across Britain, Europe and further afield to all the UK’s best-known supermarkets and food service providers.
We have a heritage of more than 25 years serving this niche sector, and we are still a British, family-owned business, committed to forging long term relationships with our customers, suppliers and colleagues.
Operating 24/7, we provide a total, integrated service with our fleet of almost 200 state-of-the-art vehicles moving an average of 12,000 pallets of frozen food daily for our customers, as well as offering a range of complementary services including ancillary blast freezing, picking, and packing.
Our 55-acre single site operation in Boroughbridge, North Yorkshire, features a 168,000-pallet capacity, making it the most extensive and modern cold storage facility in the country.
Brief job description:
The post holder will support the IT Manager to deliver an IT function that supports Reed Boardall (RB) overall strategic aims and objectives. The IT Administrator is an integral part of RB’s IT team and will provide guidance and support to managers and staff across the full range of IT work and undertake a range of associated IT tasks.
- Provide support and guidance to managers and staff across the full range of IT system and contribute to the successful delivery of RB’s IT operation through supporting and reflecting the organisation’s core values, aims and objectives.
- Deliver effective IT administrative support.
- Contribute to the continuing development of RB’s IT processes and procedures.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Provide IT support and guidance to managers and staff across the full range of IT work and contribute to the successful delivery of RB’s IT operation through supporting and reflecting the organisation’s core values, aims and objectives.
- Install and maintain all required hardware including servers, desktops, printers, laptops, networking, CCTV and comms equipment.
- Ensure reliable and secure operation of production systems.
- Ensure reliable and secure backup of data including MS Exchange, MS SQL Server, Shared File System Files.
- Develop internal IT procedures, standards, and naming conventions in collaboration with the IT Manager
- Provide 1st and 2nd level technical support for The Helpdesk Team.
- Keep technical skills current and be aware of trends and new technologies within core responsibilities.
- Comply with all Company standard policies and procedures including operating and application information systems (under the organisation’s control) supporting appropriate access control functions. Documenting and managing access rights for all users.
- Perform other functions as required by line managers or the Company board.
- Providing general cover across the department during periods of sickness and annual leave.
- Managing the IT inbox and helpdesk functions.
5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Previous experience of IT administration.
- Knowledge of general IT systems and applications.
- Able to demonstrate logical thinking.
- Ability to solve problems.
- Customer focused approach.
- Knowledge of general office practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of Microsoft server operating systems
- Knowledge of networking.
- Knowledge of Microsoft office applications.
Desirable but not essential:
- Knowledge of Time and Attendance systems.
- Knowledge of CCTV systems.
- Knowledge of handheld tablets and terminals.
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we’ve purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 3 Information Communications Technician, with training in how to:
- Efficiently operate and control your ICT infrastructure – physical or virtual hardware, software, network services and data storage.
- Use infrastructure management tools to automate the provisioning, testing, deployment and monitoring of infrastructure components.
- Prioritise systems support tasks and monitor and maintaining system performance
- Maintain regulatory, legal and professional standards.
- Support the information systems needs for your business.
To apply for this job email your details to Alfie.Cook@estio.co.uk.
View all Level 3 Apprenticeship Jobs
View Information Communications Technician Apprenticeship Course Overview
Find out about Level 3 Apprenticeships