Level 3 Software Development Technician
1 Radian Court,Knowlhill,Milton Keynes,MK5 8PJ
IT and Software Apprentice
37.5 Hours /pw
Salary Per Annum: £14,000
Please contact email@example.com or call 0113 3500333
About the company:
Ground-breaking innovators of cloud-based software since 2004, Riskex delivers the market-leading Health, Safety and Covid-19 management software brands – AssessNET and Safe2Day. Based in luxury offices in Milton Keynes, our technology is trusted by household names, such as Ikea, Ocado and University of Cambridge, along with many other blue-chip organisations who rely on our technology to keep their employees safe and to protect their businesses from risk.
We are an established business with a strong financial base but have the agile mindset of a start-up. Having proven our technology in a highly competitive landscape, we now want to scale our business to move to the next level.
This is fantastic opportunity for someone who wishes to develop their career within IT at a company which has a strong track record of successfully recruiting and assisting apprentices through their course. Specific product training will be provided.
- Achieving defined SLAs and KPIs for first and second Line Support Tickets, ensuring that they are dealt with quickly and to the client’s satisfaction
- Write, execute and update SQL queries
- Complete the on-boarding processes for new Clients and attend remote client meetings
- Assist in the technical development
- Updating the ticketing system, escalating to 3rd line Helpdesk support when necessary, ensuring all troubleshooting methods are followed, while always maintaining a strong customer focus.
- Ability to work as part of a team, contributing to and supporting the team utilising individual and shared learning and development
- Effectively manage your time and prioritising workload as part of a close-knit and highly skilled team
- Participate in discovery workshops with clients and team members to map out customer processes
- As an IT Support Technician, you will keep key stakeholders externally and internally updated on project and Helpdesk support ticket progress
- Complete project administration and production of project documentation as required
- Build and maintain product knowledge: understand the business and technical problems that our solutions address
A minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents).
- Being Enthusiastic, Confident, Positive and Proactive is a must.
- Pleasant and friendly manner, empathy for customers.
- Ability to communicate to colleagues and customers of varying ages and backgrounds
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ambitious with an appetite to learn
- Ability to learn new systems quickly
- Solid knowledge of MS Office
- Full UK Driving Licence and method of transport
- Passionate about IT
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive ten weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual assessment, and help and guidance from a dedicated trainer who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Software Developer Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Context and methodologies
- Software development fundamentals
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org