Business Analyst Apprentice
Employer: Unique IQ
Full Address: Unit 17 Chestnut Court, Redditch, Worcestershire B96 6EW
Weekly Hours Worked: 9:00am – 17:00pm (Remote)
Salary: £15,000 – £18,000 per annum
Please contact Tom Lindley on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01133 500333
About the company:
Unique: IQ are a forward-thinking, innovative software systems provider working predominately in the Care Sector. We deliver systems and solutions to assist our customers in delivering the best possible care to their clients.
At the heart of everything they do is their customer, and we pride themselves in providing the highest level of service to their clients with innovative end to end solutions.
With a highly ambitious and rapidly expanding team who share the same ethos and values and love to collaborate on anything innovative.
Estio Training have a brand new exciting new opportunity for a Business analyst with Unique IQ, a fantastic Software development and solutions company.
A successful Business Analyst will become key in driving IT initiatives forwards that add real value and improve the effectiveness of our growing business.
In this exciting opportunity, we are looking for candidates who are passionate about technology, requirements capture, process mapping and building trusted relationships with people to work from idea inception to a delivered solution and the ongoing business adoption of change. Our BA’s facilitate stakeholder workshops and enjoy thinking about how technology can solve business problems or improve the way we work through continuous improvement.
- You will work with Product Owners, and support in the definition of the technology project’s Vision ensuring the requirements are understood, thought through and clearly documented
- Be comfortable following Agile principles, documenting User Storiesand acceptance criteria
- Working closely with a range of stakeholders from business SMEs to our development team to ensure we are always working effectively on the right prioritised requirements
- Mitigating risks and managing issues to get the job done.
- Take ownership of problems, perform a diagnosis and fix issues remotely or on-site
- Strive to ensure all SLA’s are met professionally and efficiently with a focus on customer service
- Maintain user security on all systems
- Provide data analysis and report writing skills to the various business groups and help streamline group reporting
- Arrange for external remote support or in person whenever problems cannot be resolved in house
- Participate in the scoping, requirements gathering, planning and delivery of software changes or projects, including articulating, understanding and documenting business requirements, compiling business cases and technical documentation as part of the handover to live operational teams.
- Work with internal technical and operational staff and 3rd party suppliers to achieve successful delivery and transition into live operations.
Desirable Skills / Knowledge:
- Some level of SaaS knowledge, or ideally someone who has trained/worked in software development.
- Ability to develop relationships with 3rd party suppliers and manage issues
- Ability to work with other support teams, suppliers and staff in UK and mainland Europe
- Ability to prioritise and plan implementation of developments
- Understanding of technology projects including software Development
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central, Office 365, SQL Server, Azure, PowerBI, Flow, SharePoint
- Agile (Scrum, Kanban) and traditional Project Management methodologies
- Excellent communication skills
- Be facilitative – must be able to lead and demonstrate value-add principles to the teams
- Attitude of transparency – have the desire to bring disclosure and transparency to the business about delivery and grow business trust
- Enthusiastic and driven with a desire to succeed and to help others to succeed
- Excellent team player
- Situationally aware – notice differences and issues as they arise, resolve quickly or escalate when appropriate
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive eight weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 4 IS Business Analyst Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Software Platforms and Tools
- Business Analyst Practice
- Business Process Modelling
- Requirement Analysis
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com