Dynamics Consultants Ltd
Title: Cloud Infrastructure Support Junior
Company: Dynamics Consultants Ltd
Full Address: 40 Locks Heath Centre, Centre Way, Locks Heath, Southampton, SO31 6DX
Weekly Hours Worked: Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm with 30 minutes for lunch
Benefits: Contributory pension scheme, free parking, 20 days holidays + Bank Holidays
Please contact Josh Ankers on email@example.com or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
Dynamics Consultants Ltd is a dedicated, hardworking and fun-loving team of professionals specialising in the implementation, development and support of contemporary Microsoft business software solutions. With over 300 years of collective experience, we’re all about building business partnerships for our future together. These extend throughout our business — to our customers, our suppliers, and of course, you. We’re looking for a bright, enthusiastic and ambitious individual to help strengthen our experienced team.
Join a Thriving Industry…
With cutting edge technology such as artificial intelligence (AI), virtual reality (VR), big data, cybersecurity and cloud computing exploding onto the business software scene, there couldn’t be a better time to be working at the forefront of the industry. You will not only learn about the new technologies but become an advocate of them whilst using them as part of your role.
Learn and Grow…
Learn how to use a wide range of tools at a high level, either from internal training or from external courses. As a growing company, there are many opportunities for growth for hard working achievers. This is not just a nice idea; we have a structured mentoring scheme and appraisal process for all the staff, to make sure that we achieve goals together.
It’s Not all Work!
We also appreciate the importance of a work/life balance and making friends, not just colleagues, so, in addition to flexible working, we’ll be extending invites to our many social gatherings. Although of late, our team socials have been restricted to on-line events, such as escape rooms and quizzes, previous outings have included a trip to Monkey World, bowling, karting, summer BBQs and theatre nights.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a Cloud Infrastructure Support Junior with Dynamics Consultants Ltd based in Southampton, Hampshire.
As a Cloud Infrastructure Support Junior, at first you will be working with a colleague (your buddy) who will assist you in your day to days tasks. As you become more familiar with the role, you will start to work more independently. You will perform a key function within the Support Department, with specific focus on the build, support, and maintenance of the underlying infrastructure for both internal systems and those of our customers. You will assist with the builds and operation of internal and cloud-based servers, storage and network platforms.
In addition to the apprenticeship training, extensive on the job training and a training plan will be provided so that as a Cloud Infrastructure Support Junior you will be able to carry out your duties and responsibilities. The successful candidate will also be supported by the company mentoring and buddying scheme, with access to training programs and a career development programme to further develop your skills and plan your future.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Day to day management and support of the internal and Azure IT infrastructure
- Installation and setup of Microsoft Dynamics NAV/Business Central Middle Tier Application Servers – both internally and externally for customers
- Complete server updates, checking RAM allocation levels
- SQL Server Setup/Admin/Support (on prem and Azure) – including restoring SQL database backups
- Troubleshoot and solve a wide variety of technical challenges in customer’s IT networks, at Server and Network levels, within agreed service levels, often multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment
- Managing customer databases
- Cutting and uploading licenses
- Supporting internal and customer implementations
- Applying hotfixes
- Maintain hardware and inventory
- Conduct initial troubleshooting/investigation and update Incidents with relevant findings to resolve issues
- Good IT Skills
- Good Office Skills
- Logical mindset
- Methodical approach
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- A keen eye for and attention to detail
- Positive attitude
- Good timekeeping
- Ability to multi-task
- Be able to work as part of a team and independently
The ideal candidate should have a passion for new technology, a keen interest in IT, enthusiasm for learning and a desire to provide a professional and customer focussed service.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Educated to A-level or higher
Reporting to: Finance & Administration Manager
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position. Thereafter, as a growing company, there are plenty of opportunities abound for the ideal candidate.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive eight weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- PC Fundamentals
- Business Processes & Customer Services
- Networking & Architecture
- Mobile & Operating Systems
- Cloud Services
- Coding & Logic
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org