Proxar IT Consulting
Title: IT Infrastructure Technician
Company: Proxar IT Consulting
Full Address: Unit 1, 205 London Rd, Sevenoaks TN13 1DW
Weekly Hours Worked: 40 hours per week Monday to Friday.
Salary: £10-11K dependant on their experience.
Please contact Darcy Greaves on Darcy.Greaves@estio.co.uk or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
Proxar are a Managed Service Provider (MSP) also known as a Cloud Solution Provider (CSP). We are a small business based in Sevenoaks, providing IT support and Infrastructure to our clients. This means we make sure PCs and devices are working, the staff are able to access systems (with user accounts, security & permissions and software & applications are all configured).
We also run servers, networks and services on which the above run. Our head office is in Sevenoaks, and our clients are based mainly in the surrounding area, including London, with some sites all across the UK. We are a young at heart team; we have a fairly relaxed and enjoyable environment but can act in a professional and responsible way at the right time.
As a small business we each wear many hats, we all get involved and learn from one another. Its not unusual for managers to undertake support work and for junior staff to be included and involved with large complex project work. We have weekly meetings, occasional social events and Quarterly reviews.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a IT Infrastructure Technician Apprenticeship with Proxar IT, a Managed Service Provider based in Sevenoaks.
We are looking for someone to come in and over the next few years develop into a good Level 2 support engineer but have desire and attitude to go beyond this and learn about, and support more in-depth technologies, such as application servers (i.e. exchange email, virtual machines), cloud support (Azure & datacentre) or networking (routers, firewalls, TCP/IP etc).
Initially we’ll work toward Level 1 (see below), developing soft skills and introduce good customer service & organisational techniques before adding good troubleshooting skills and slightly more technical aspects, in line with training, as time goes on.
As the apprentice become more experienced we can move into support and knowledge of technical aspects, aligned to their course and our clients requirements. The apprentice will become familiar with a number of our clients and will experience a variety of businesses and locations.
We’d love someone who’s willing and able to travel and be slightly flexible on working hours, to gain maximum benefit from this opportunity. Overtime and bonuses are available.
The 1st line Support Engineer is an important position in the business, as the first point of contact for clients, must give the best experience to users. 1st line will be responsible for general user support and maintenance of desktops, printers, scanners and other IT equipment. The role is centred on the support, maintenance and break/fix of both hardware and software located on customer’s sites in Kent and London areas, using the Support desk tools provided.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
• Resolving IT issues using remote software (TeamViewer), over the phone;
• Taking information and phone calls from clients, create & keep a detailed log of all technical faults in ticketing system;
• Accept and respond to tickets in a timely and professional way in line with agreed SLA’s;
• Escalating tickets, taking feedback and carrying out further testing to resolve issues.
• Monitoring of systems (e-mail, Nagios, Zendesk etc) to provide pro-active tickets;
• Building, configuring and upgrading desktops and laptops;
• Liaise with external suppliers for the repair of equipment under warranty;
• Carry out routine network maintenance tasks;
• Administer email, anti-spam and virus protection;
• Setting up user accounts, permissions and passwords;
• Create quotes and other documentation in line with business needs;
• Working closely with other departments/organisations and collaborating with other IT staff;
• Maintaining records of assets and software licences;
• Keeping a clear desk space and organised office area;
• Verifying mobile devices as genuine and allowing access to users;
• Understanding implications of the role in relation to data protection and GDPR
• Carrying out other tasks as necessary as dictated by the needs of the business;
• Undertake training in order to keep up to date and to develop;
• Speak up about concerns or with any suggestions;
• Question the norm and provide alternative and new ways of working;
• Keep aware of changes within the business and take a common sense approach to H&S in line with H&S, and other business policies.
• 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office products;
• Knowledge of Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows 7 – 10;
• Reasonable understanding of networking concepts and services such as DNS and DHCP;
• Practical knowledge and experience in problem-solving strategies;
• Organisational skills;
• Understanding of SLA’s;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Patience and ability to prioritise effectively;
• Have a meticulous nature;
• Capable of working well under pressure.
• A desire to progress within the business.
• Hard working
• Attention to detail
• Good communication
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt. Learners will receive eight weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
• Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
• PC Fundamentals
• Business Processes & Customer Services
• Networking & Architecture
• Mobile & Operating Systems
• Cloud Services
• Coding & Logic
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.
To apply for this job email your details to Darcy.Greaves@estio.co.uk