Role: IT Support Apprentice
Company: Lily – Business Phone Systems & Communications Solutions (Lily Comms)
Address: Global Ave, Leeds LS11 8PR
Salary: £5.50 per hour
|Weekly hours worked: 40 Hours per week
Please contact Lauren Fletcher on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01133500333
About the company:
Lily is an award-winning communications and IT Solutions Company who work with businesses to support their everyday ever-changing requirements. Lily strive to build businesses the perfect Communications or IT Solutions, to boost performance, efficiency and bottom line.
Lily provide a wide range of innovative solutions for small to medium enterprises in the UK. Ask a member of our team about our award-winning phone systems, calls & lines packages, IT services, business mobiles, energy and so much more.
Lily is the home of Digital Transformation. They provide businesses with the technology they need to future-proof their business and achieve success; all whilst lowering costs, increasing revenue and improving efficiency.
Brief Job Description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an aspiring IT apprentice with Lily – Business Phone Systems & Communications Solutions based in South Leeds.
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate who wants to take those first steps into the IT / unified communications industry who has a willingness to succeed. The successful candidate will be working in a technical, interesting, and fun office with support from a dedicated Line Manager. Communication is important but more than anything an interest and passion for ICT is key.
Initially your duties and responsibilities will consist of:
-Liaising with customers therefore requiring excellent customer communication skills.
-To develop good working practice to allocation of Equipment to engineers and customers
-To develop good working relationship with internal office staff and field-based engineers.
-To be able to provide clear and concise documentation of completed allocated work.
-To be able to liaise with ICT Plus Cloud based Communication’s technical support help desk to provide solutions to rectify problematic faults.
-To work closely with Administration team to ensure accurate recording of all engineering activities.
-To work closely with other engineers to continually pursue self-development through in house training and to also assist in the development and training of other engineers.
-Resolving customer problems both directly from customers and through technical escalation.
-Implementing fixes and solutions where appropriate, either via discussing directly with the customer, via email, via remote access or onsite.
-To provide a fault resolution service at customer’s premises, working as a team or working individually.
-To assist other Technical staff and engineers involved in projects, and to work with management in the assignment of technical tasks where required.
- To be committed to working as part of an effective team within the Engineering department
- To maintain the highest standard of professional conduct at all times with customers and colleagues
- To be committed to the principles and practice of continuous professional development and to undertake additional training to meet individual and organisational needs.
- To follow Health & Safety procedures set out by the Company in order to ensure the safety of you, your colleagues and others and adhere to Health and Safety Policy of site on.
- To undertake any other tasks and responsibilities as required and appropriate to the level of this post
- Acting as an ambassador to position the company’s reputation as a leading and respected employer
- Required, Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- To have an understanding and working knowledge of IT/telecommunications industry particularly networking, IP and VoIP.
- An ability to demonstrate excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills; be an effective communicator across all levels of the organisation
- To have exceptional analytical skills
- Must be able to work on own initiative and also as part of a team with limited guidance
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language, ICT and Maths)
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position. With potentially an opportunity to progress onto a level 4 Network Engineering course with Estio Training.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive eight weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Technical Trainer and Progress Management Coordinator who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional Skills
- CISCO IT Essentials
- Networking Fundamentals
- Networking & Architecture
- Business Processes
- Mobile & Operating Systems
- Cloud Services
- Coding & Logic
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com