Role: Helpdesk Administrator
Company: Ison Harrison
Address: Duke House, 54 Wellington Street, Leeds, LS1 2EE
Weekly hours worked: 40hrs pw
Starting Salary: £11,000 per annum
Please contact Ciara Glynn on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
Ison Harrison are a law firm with a commitment to client care, quality of service, and commerciality of advice. They are firmly within the top 20 of law firms in Yorkshire with a team of over 200 people and have gained a national reputation for quality.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an IT Helpdesk Administrator Apprentice with Ison Harrison a Law Firm based in Leeds city centre.
You will be working in a dynamic Helpdesk role within an IT department that carries out most tasks in-house. This will involve working in various databases, and as such, an understanding of how they work is strongly desirable. The Helpdesk role is expected to allow you to progress to be an awesome IT all-rounder. We pride ourselves on our ability to resolve issues on first contact. The hope is that in time, users with a problem printing could rely on you to know about how to reposition a device for better efficiency, get toner and paper into a device, right through to how Word prints, driver installation and configuration. We haven’t even mentioned macros and utilities we develop in house. Mobile device enrolment, Telephony, cabling should all become second nature.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
1. Being 1st line support for colleagues contacting Helpdesk.
2. Inputting details on the call-logging software in accordance with IT procedures.
3. Resolving or referring the calls raised by colleagues as appropriate.
4. Maintaining, developing, regulating and over-seeing the operation of the firm’s Call Logging software.
5. Instructing other users in use of the Call Logging software
6. Liaising with providers outside the firm where necessary.
7. Preparing statistical reports of calls logged for the IT manager
8. Managing, organising and updating relevant data using other database applications.
9. Contribute to maintaining a safe and healthy working environment
10. Contribute to maintaining and improving office procedures
11. Any other duties which are required by the firm
• 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
• Excellent IT skills.
• Strong approach to prioritisation of tasks.
• Ability to perform under pressure.
• Ability to handle multiple conflicting requests.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Clear, concise and professional telephone manner.
• Literate and numerate.
• Ability to work extremely accurately in accordance with IT requirements and those of teams within the firm.
• Broad knowledge of databases
• Windows Word, Excel and Outlook
• Confidentiality and other ethical requirements.
• The thought of improving your IT skills and literacy should excite you.
• Excellent spoken English to resolve telephone enquiries.
• Flexible and ‘can do’ attitude
• Satisfactory absence record or sound justification for high absenteeism.
• Able to promote the image of the firm.
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive eight weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
• Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
• PC Fundamentals
• Business Processes & Customer Services
• Networking & Architecture
• Mobile & Operating Systems
• Cloud Services
• Coding & Logic
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com