Role: Digital Communications Technician Apprenticeship
Company: Provu Communications
Address: Savile St, Huddersfield HD3 4PG
Weekly hours worked: 37.5 Hours Per Week
Salary: £9360 per annum
Please contact Lauren Fletcher on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
ProVu Communications Ltd is an award winning value-added distributor of Voice-over-IP technology. Our speciality is in automated configuration and management systems for Internet connected devices. We sell to a wide range of resellers throughout the UK and Ireland and are one of the leading companies in the world of Internet Telephony. We are profitable and growing.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an IT Infrastructure Technician with Provu Communications, a telecommunications equipment supplier based in Huddersfield.
Within the role, you will be responsible for providing a high level of customer service, processing new sales orders where applicable. Working to deadlines and assisting on ad hoc projects. You will enjoy building rapport with customers and working well as part of a team. This role would be well suited to someone looking to work for an innovative and dynamic company that offer long term opportunities for career progression.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
Your duties will include:
- Answering inbound technical support queries by email and telephone
- Testing new products and services, figuring things out, solving problems
- Manual Hardware set-ups and configuration
- Ensuring our customers receive a good service and are getting their questions answered in a timely fashion
- Prioritising your workload and managing your time
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
Skills Required/Personal Qualities:
This is a superb opportunity to work as part of a friendly and proactive team. You will be positive and confident in your personality, professional and extremely customer-focused in your approach. In addition, you will have the following:
- Customer service experience
- Strong IT skills
- Fantastic time management skills & ability to prioritise workload
- Great at working to deadlines
- A hardworking and enthusiastic attitude
- High motivation
- The ability to work independently and in a team
- Excellent communication skills
- Willing to go the extra mile to resolve issues.
- Engaged with technology and enjoy learning.
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive eight weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- PC Fundamentals
- Business Processes & Customer Services
- Networking & Architecture
- Mobile & Operating Systems
- Cloud Services
- Coding & Logic
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com