Company: Ashford School
Location: East Hill, Ashford, TN24 8PB
Weekly hours worked: 8:00am – 4:30pm or 8:30am – 5:00pm Monday – Friday
Salary: £4.35 – £10.00 per hour dependant on experience
Please contact Darcy Greaves on email@example.com or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
At Ashford School, the educational philosophy is based on a very simple assumption: if a pupil is happy and secure, they are more likely to be successful. To achieve this, it is believed that learning should be challenging, motivating and lead to a sense of fulfilment. This is why they strive to provide an environment that encourages growth and adventure so that our students can develop into all they are capable of being. They aim to produce emotional resilient and adaptable human beings who can make a tangible difference in the world, while maintaining humility and kindness.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an ICT technician with Ashford School based in Kent. The purpose of the role is to support the learning and teaching in the school by ensuring our ICT systems are effective and efficiently maintained. To help develop our use of ICT for teaching and learning and administration and to provide training to adult users.
Ashford School has a well-developed network and every classroom has an interactive whiteboard with an internet connection and large numbers of PCs. Pupils often bring their own laptops to school which can be used on our wireless network. ICT is used extensively for teaching, learning and administration. Our systems are evolving and require expert maintenance. We wish to develop our ICT even further with a particular emphasis on improving our internal and external communication and to streamline administrative tasks such as day-to-day communication between staff and pupils and general maintenance of workstations and some servers.
You will be responsible for providing technical support to ICT systems including desktops, tablets and servers operating on both Windows and MAC OSX. You will be required to carry out maintenance, calibration and setup of the classroom whiteboards and provide basic training to staff in the use of ICT systems and software. You are also responsible for assisting in the development and administration of the School’s VLE/website and supporting staff in its use.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
• To provide 1st and 2nd line support of desktops/servers and peripherals across all campuses of Ashford School
• To provide basic training and technical support to Ashford School staff
• To maintain and develop complex ICT systems for the school as instructed by the ICT manager using the established procedures, working on any of the school’s sites.
• To keep the ICT service desk up to date on the progress of all tasks
• To ensure all projectors and whiteboards are fully functional and where necessary advise the ICT Manager of any issues requiring additional action
• To set up and check presentation equipment for functions and assemblies
• To assist staff in the basic use of the School’s VLE and develop its use for administration, teaching and learning in conjunction with other staff.
• To document/check and log the key backup and anti-virus information each day to the required level
• Have a key role in the administration and setting up of iPads for student and students
• 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths
Skills Required – personal and technical:
• Basic PC repair skills and the ability to problem-solve general IT issues
• Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) and the ability to provide a first point of contact service for staff and pupils
• Proactive, flexible and versatile
• Ability to prioritise and work to tight deadlines whilst retaining professional composure
• Excellent organisational skills
• Smart professional appearance
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to relate to a wide range of staff, pupils and visitors
• Warm and approachable manner towards staff, pupils and visitors
• Awareness of the importance of confidentiality and data protection
• Some knowledge of scripting (Visual Basic or powershell)
• Experienced and skilled in the following:
• Windows Active Directory; Windows 2016/2012 Server, Windows 10; DNS/DHCP/WDS; Network patching; Wireless Deployment; Office 365
• Evidence of recent and relevant training
• Ability to work on your own initiative and as part of a team
• Sense of humour
Excellent health and attendance record.
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive eight weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Progress Management Coordinator and Trainer. Who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Infrastructure Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
• Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
• MTA Networking fundamentals
• Business Processes & Customer Services
• Networking & Architecture
• Mobile & Operating Systems
• Cloud Services
• Coding & Logic
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org