Title: IT Systems Apprentice
Full Address: 4th Floor, Radcliffe House, Blenheim Court, Solihull, B91 2AA
Weekly Hours Worked: 37.5 pw
Please contact Tom Lindley on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
Contigo is a provider of energy software solutions company. We employ approximately 50 people in software development and consulting roles. Our clients are energy retailers who are seeking better software solutions to improve efficiencies within their businesses. We have a passion to develop a customer-focused and entrepreneurial culture and our people are committed to working together to achieve our goals. We are dedicated to superior open communication and accountable performance. This is a fast-paced and challenging environment and means that our clients receive the best possible products and services from our ongoing support.
Brief job description:
As an Apprentice Systems Administrator for Contigo you will be responsible for working within the UK Operations Team triaging and troubleshooting level 1 tickets as well as managing and maintaining UK based Infrastructure and IT Assets.
The successful candidate will need to have a willingness to learn and gain experience within an IT Infrastructure environment.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Triage service requests and IT Incidents ensuring tickets have the correct information prior to being resourced.
- Troubleshoot and resolve any IT ServiceDesk incidents within the required SLAs.
- Build, maintain and deploy workstations and laptops for UK Staff.
- Managing users, workstations, and groups in an Active Directory Infrastructure.
- Install software for business users when requested.
- Administer Microsoft Office365 systems including Exchange Online, Teams, SharePoint.
- Assist the infrastructure team to troubleshoot and resolve network related issues
- Ensure first line processes are correct and kept up to date.
- Work with third-party vendors and consultants on developing system-specific skills
- Solihull location, modern offices with great amenities
- Flexible environment (can work from home on occasion)
- Good remuneration package
- High levels of autonomy
- Opportunity to work on a wide variety of projects and technologies
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language, Maths & ICT)
- Able to communicate effectively
- Eager to learn with a passion for IT and technical skills
- Able to work in fast-paced environment with rapidly developing opportunities
- Able to work both independently and global support environment
- Team Player
The role offers a permanent role upon completion of the apprenticeship depending on performance.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive eight weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Information Communications Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Stability & Resilience
- Testing & Problem Solving
- Cloud Services
- Introduction to Networks / Extended Networks
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com