Vogue Sourcing / AM London
Role: IT Support Apprentice
Company: Vogue Sourcing / AM London
Address: 3rd Floor, Oakland House, Talbot Road, Old Trafford, Manchester, M16 0PQ
Weekly hours worked: 37.5 Hrs per week
Salary: £13,000 per annum
Please contact Tom Crossland on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
- Fast paced Fashion Company based just outside of Manchester City Centre.
- Established in 2018, 4 overseas offices and headquarters based in the UK.
- Exciting opportunity to join our company through this period of rapid growth.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an IT Support Apprentice with Vogue Sourcing/AM London, a Fashion company based in Manchester.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Provides assistance in the use of personal computer hardware, software, and specialized mainframe technology or operates a multi-platform computer environment or monitors the production scheduling, execution, and successful completion of production jobs
- Sets up and configures desktop computers, peripherals and accounts assigning security level
- Installs software and installs and repairs hardware and peripherals
- Tests programs
- Troubleshoots, diagnoses problems, implements corrective action procedures within prescribed guidelines and/or escalates to other technical resources as appropriate
- Maintains systems, databases and web pages
- Administers user accounts
- Sets up and submits production jobs and edits and debugs computer output
- Transfers computer files between platforms
- Provides basic troubleshooting, repair and maintenance for computer equipment (e.g. microcomputers, disk drives, and laser printers) and may assist with testing personal computers and peripherals on a network to diagnose, hardware versus software problems
- Acts as a customer liaison for the computing operation, communicating, resolving, and/or initiating the resolution of problems and concerns
- Arranges for distribution of output to customer
- Maintains records
- Contributes to unit goals by accomplishing related duties as required
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Time management
- Procedure oriented approach
- Documentation skills
- Organisational skills
- Taking ownership and responsibility
- Able to demonstrate logical thinking
- Ability to solve problems
- Customer focused approach
- Ability to work with people at all levels
- Good communication skills and a professional attitude
- Willingness to learn and develop
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to work as part of a team
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive eight weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Information Communication Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Introduction to IT Support
- Stability and Resilience
- Testing and Problem Solving
- Introduction to Networks
- Cloud Systems
- Support Teams
- Specialism (Digital Communications, Network or Support)
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination to receive a professional certificate.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com