Title: Apprentice IT Support Technician
Company: Blaze Network
Full address: Beechfield House, Lyme Green Business Parl, Winterton Way, Macclesfield, Chesire, SK11 0LP
Weekly Hours Worked: 08:00 to 16:30 / 09:00 to 17:30 / 09:30 to 18:00, Monday to Friday. 37.5 hours per week.
Please contact Ciara Glynn on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01133 500 333.
About the company:
Blaze are a security-focused Managed Services Provider and ISP, delivering network communications and IT services to businesses across the UK.
Brief job description:
Blaze networks have an opportunity for an Apprentice IT Support Technician. We offer our customers complete IT solutions ranging from setting up printers and supporting windows to building corporate networks.
There are two main foundations to the role. Working on the IT Service Desk to support the 1st line team with ticket categorisation, prioritisation and answering the phone to log issues and request along with actioning service requests.
In addition to this you will be part of a team that heads broadband troubleshooting across multiple carriers. This is a proactive role in which you will be required to use our monitoring platform to identify issues, working with the customer and carriers to resolve.
You would be working with a multitude of technologies, including but not limited to Microsoft Windows, Cisco routers and switches, FortiGate firewalls as well as a selection of inhouse bespoke systems, for which you will receive on the job training.
You will be working within an ITIL framework, to deliver a fantastic service to customers, meet internal and external SLAs set out by our contracts, follow escalation paths, working with a selection of third parties and supporting other areas of the business.
Opportunities are given for clear career progression, the successful candidate will have access to courses allowing a multitude of certifications to be achieved from vendors such as Microsoft, Cisco and Fortinet.
The ideal candidate will have a thirst for IT knowledge, have good ideas to contribute towards the company evolutions and have a strong drive to progress within the organisation.
Main Duties of the role:
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Politely and professionally answering in bound calls to the service desk.
- Logging tickets to the clearly defined internal standard
- Categorising issues by severity
- Working through your own ticket queue, and organising work based on SLA
- Following internal processes and procedures to deliver the service we promise
- Contribute towards inhouse documentation
- Proactively troubleshoot broadband and leased line issues utilising our monitoring system
- Ensuring that customer satisfaction is always upheld
- Following escalation paths
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
Where we do not ask for or expect a vast knowledge of IT due to the nature of the position, there are a few prerequisites that we require you to satisfy in order to be considered:
- A basic understanding of using and troubleshooting Microsoft Windows – e.g. Installing software, setting up user accounts, connecting the device to a network., resolving common issues, setting up outlook profiles etc.
- A basic understanding of how the internet works and manipulating network settings from within windows eg. Knowing what is required to connect to the internet, settings static IP addresses
- Experience in resolving IT based issues be it issues with your home internet, personal laptop or installing printers for friends and family
- Hardware knowledge – you should be able to identify all internal components of a computer or laptops and should be comfortable replacing parts.
- It is imperative that you are comfortable using the Microsoft office suite consisting of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- An understanding of why security is so important in this sector and some ideas on how to implement it.
- Be able to work in a high-pressure environment
- Be able to stay calm when faced with difficult phone calls
- Be able to work as part of a team as well as alone on tickets and projects
- Will have fantastic communication skills, written and verbal
- Be able to complete routine and non-routine tasks.
- Be able to plan and organize both familiar and new tasks.
- Logical, pro-active and analytical approach to their work.
- Attention to detail.
- Company Bonus Schema
- All overtime paid at time and a half.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive technical training online. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Information Communications Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Introduction to IT Support
- Stability and Resilience
- Testing and Problem Solving
- Introduction to Networks
- Cloud Systems
- Support Teams
- Specialism (Digital Communications, Network or Support)
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination to receive a professional certificate.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com