Maltby Learning Trust
Role: Apprentice ICT Technician
Company: Maltby Learning Trust
Address: Maltby Learning Trust Offices, The Linx Building, Lilly Hall Road, Maltby, Rotherham, S66 8BE.
Weekly Hours Worked: 37
Salary: £4.30 per hour
Please contact Tom Crossland on email@example.com or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
Maltby Learning Trust is a successful and highly collaborative partnership of seven local schools, committed to raising the educational ambitions of the community which it serves. It is a highly inspirational and ambitious organisation which strives for excellence in all it does to achieve the best possible outcomes for the young people and community.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an Apprentice ICT Technician with Maltby Learning Trust, a Multi Academy Trust based in Rotherham.
The appointed technician will work alongside a core team of technical support staff to:
- assist in the implementation and maintenance of ICT systems across the Trust.
- provide scheduled technical maintenance and support for ICT systems.
- provide reactive IT support as required, including telephone support, remote support, site visits and assistance with hardware quotations.
Maltby Learning Trust are initially looking to place a technician at Maltby Academy, plus an additional technician across 4 primary Academies. Candidates may be deployed across other Academies in the Trust as opportunities arise.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Monitoring service desk calls and responding to tasks as required, escalating jobs where appropriate and contacting external suppliers for support if necessary.
- Helping to implement a programme of regular maintenance of all computer networks and equipment.
- Checking deliveries, and transporting equipment around the Trust as required.
- Installing and maintaining computer software/operating systems.
- Maintaining supplies of printing consumables as required.
- Contributing to the evaluation and procurement of hardware and software.
- Locating faults in, and making repairs to equipment, including keyboards, printers, connecting cables and computers.
- Undertaking directory administration, including the creation and maintenance of user accounts and security/distribution groups.
- Assisting in the administration of DNS, DHCP records and other network related tasks.
- Assisting in the administration of Office 365.
- Assisting in the maintenance and development of Academies websites, learning platforms, and digital signage solutions.
- Helping to ensure that all changes relating to systems, including for example
web filtering/firewall, conform to Trust policy.
- Helping maintain documentation required at each site, including hardware inventories, subscription lists and network diagrams.
- Disposing of end of life equipment, safely and securely in line with Trust policy.
- Participating in specialist training and other learning activities and performance development as appropriate.
- Attending and participating in relevant meetings as required.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths).
- A good level of competency in IT systems, including PCs, mobile devices, Windows 10 and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities and achieve deadlines.
- Ability to work with a wide range of people.
- Ability to work as part of a proactive team as well as on your own initiative.
- Ability to stay calm and controlled under pressure.
- Good organisational skills.
- Ability to help students in the learning and support process.
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive technical training online. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Digital Marketer Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Introduction to IT Support
- Stability and Resilience
- Testing and Problem Solving
- Introduction to Networks
- Cloud Systems
- Support Teams
- Specialism (Digital Communications, Network or Support)
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination to receive a professional certificate.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org