Advance Services & Solutions
Job Title: IT Technician Apprentice
Company: Advance Services & Solutions
Full Address: Key House, Cow Lane, Reading, RG1 8NA
Weekly Hours Worked: Mon-Thur – 9am -5:30pm / Fri – 9am-4:30pm
Salary: £10,000 – £11,500 D.O.E
Please contact Josh Ankers on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
Advance Services are specialists in IT Asset Disposition (ITAD) services, from Data Sanitisation and recycling to refurbishing and electronic retail (e-tail). Our core focus is to extend the life cycle of “redundant” IT equipment in the most environmentally sustainable way in compliance with the WEEE directive.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an IT apprentice with Advance Services based in Reading, Berkshire
The environment can be fast paced and day to day duties may vary dependent on priorities and workload. The apprentice would be working closely with us with the full support to develop skills in the industry. Being part of a small team providing a wide range of IT services there would be large amount of exposure to all aspects of working in with IT.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Professionally renewing systems to A grade standard
- Hardware preparation
- System building
- Building Laptops and PCs to varying specs.
- Building Gaming computers with varying complexities.
- Installation and configuration of operating systems.
- Full PC fault diagnosis
- Fault finding and repairing
- Providing PC support via Phone, Email and/or remote desktop
- Off-site asset removal and secure data sanitisation.
- Ensuring all relevant assets are on the database and database is kept up to date
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C / 9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Be enthusiastic and passionate about a career in the IT industry
- Microsoft office proficient
- Have basic knowledge of IT Hardware and how to configure it
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Work effectively in a team and on your own.
- Fast learning ability and time management.
- Polite, Helpful, and friendly attitude.
- Good time-management
- Attention to detail
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive eight weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Information Communications Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Stability & Resilience
- Testing & Problem Solving
- Cloud Services
- Introduction to Networks / Extended Networks
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com