Title – IT Operations Apprentice
Company – Anthesis Group
Full Address –Royal London Buildings, 42-46 Baldwin Street, Bristol, BS1 1PN
Weekly Hours Worked – Full-time – 37.5hrs
Please contact Darcy Greaves on email@example.com or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
Anthesis is the sustainability activator. We seek to make a significant contribution to a world which is more resilient and productive. We do this by working with cities, companies, and other organisations to drive sustainable performance. We develop financially driven sustainability strategies, underpinned by technical expertise and delivered by innovative collaborative teams across the world. The company combines the reach of big professional services groups with the deep expertise of boutiques.
Anthesis has clients across industry sectors from corporate multinationals such as Reckitt Benckiser, Cisco, Tesco, The North Face and Target, and supports early stage companies through Anthesis Ventures. The company brings together over 600 experts operating in 40 countries around the world and has offices in the U.S., Canada, Colombia, the UK, Ireland, Italy, Germany, Sweden, Spain, Andorra, Finland, France, Brazil, China, the Philippines and the Middle East.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a IT Operations Apprentice with Anthesis Group, a Global Sustainability Consultancy based in Bristol.
Anthesis’ core infrastructure is cloud-only and heavily Microsoft-focused (365 & AAD). Anthesis is expanding rapidly and IT support for more regions is being brought in-house. Anthesis wishes to expand its UK to provide better support to our European and Middle East operations.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Provide 1st line helpdesk support for IT issues affecting users in Europe and the Middle East, with support from the rest of the IT Team:
- Hardware (laptops, tablets, smartphones, on-premise servers)
- Software (Windows 10, MacOS, Android, iOS)
- Services (365, NetSuite, Others)
- Manage mobile contracts, SIMs and handsets
- Provision new user accounts, deprovision leaving user accounts
- Provision & configure new Microsoft Teams and SharePoint Sites
- Deprovision retired hardware
- Work with rest of the IT Team to harmonise IT policy globally
- Support monthly Microsoft 365 rebilling/reporting
- Proactive monitoring of antivirus/malware (Microsoft Defender for EndPoint)
At Anthesis we value both the wellbeing and the professional development of our people by doing our best to make Anthesis a great place to work. Our identity, values, and the quality of our work are vested in our people and we want you to thrive, develop and succeed here.
As an equal opportunities employer, we value diversity in our workforce and make our decisions based on skills and experience – the only thing that differentiates you is your talent and the value you bring. We understand that diverse ideas breed extraordinary results by inspiring our thinking, challenging our solutions and enhancing our culture.
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Good standard of computer literacy
- English language
- Windows 10 support experience
- MacOS support experience
- Microsoft 365 support experience
- Windows Server support experience
- Scripting experience (preferably PowerShell)
- Spanish language
- Previous background or passion for sustainability preferred;
- Curious, globally minded and enthusiastic;
- Organised, methodical and analytical;
- Effective time management and organisational skills. Ability to respond positively to pressure and take a flexible approach to a dynamic, fast moving and changing work environment;
- Work well with a wide range of people on a global basis;
- Proactive with the ability and confidence to use initiative
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive eight weeks of intensive training. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated Skills Development Coach who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Information Communications Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Stability & Resilience
- Testing & Problem Solving
- Cloud Services
- Introduction to Networks / Extended Networks
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination in order to receive a professional certificate.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org