Your Golf Travel
Role: Technical Support Apprentice
Company: Your Golf Travel – Palatinate Group
Address: Cloister Court, 22-26 Farringdon Lane, London EC1R 3AJ & Sovereign House, Church Street, Brighton, BN1 1SS
Weekly hours worked: 37.5 hours a week. Typically Monday – Friday 9am to 5:30pm with an hour for lunch. Flexibility for hours 8am – 6pm based on sales hours.
Salary: £11K Per Annum
Please contact Darcy Greaves on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
The Palatinate Group is a UK-based leisure and holiday specialist based in Farringdon, London and Brighton. The core brands are Your Golf Travel, SpaBreaks.com, Love Velo, Racing Breaks and Out Of Office/TravelGay, employing in excess of 200 people across 2 sites (plus significant homeworking in the last 12 months). The Group is privately owned with the founders still actively involved operationally.
The Tech support team is responsible for the safe running of all hardware and infrastructure, and are often the first contact point for any software issues. For many of the departments, the tech support area is the face of the Tech Team so anyone considering joining the team must be prepared to deal with every department and at every level.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a Tech Support assistant with Your Golf Travel, a travel agent based in London and Brighton.
The role will be joining a team of 2 seasoned and experienced professionals who will be able to provide support, coaching and mentoring to any junior member of the team. We get measured on delivery and system stability and we are recruiting an apprentice to take on some of the existing tasks, assist with day to day activities, and provide the existing team with support on new projects and initiatives
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Desk Moves and changes,
- User creation and deletion/management – setting up hardware and software
- Triage new tickets, info gathering for tickets, resolving where possible,
- Assisting with User documentation – “How to” guides on intranet
- Assisting with Kit Audit/Asset management
- Maintaining Kit database/Asset Management System
- Assisting with User permissions audit – who has access to what
- Maintaining User audit log to ensure permissions are kept up to date
- “Floor Walking” in Brighton once a week
- Assisting with Google Archive management ● Local Area Networking – audit/maintenance
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
Skills and Qualities Required:
- Presentable, polite and a desire to help
- A keen interest in technology
- Willingness to learn ● Good organisation skills
- Confident with using technology
- Able to deal with a wide range of individuals (face to face)
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive technical training online. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Digital Marketer Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Introduction to IT Support
- Stability and Resilience
- Testing and Problem Solving
- Introduction to Networks
- Cloud Systems
- Support Teams
- Specialism (Digital Communications, Network or Support)
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination to receive a professional certificate.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com