Role: Information Communications Technician
Company: Reward IT
Address: Garden Office Suite, Pine Grange, Bath Road, Bournemouth BH1 2PN
Weekly hours worked: 8:30am – 5:30pm (Monday to Friday)
Salary: £12,000p/a DOE
Please contact Josh Ankers on email@example.com or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
Reward I.T is a specialist provider of IT support and services. We provide outsourced IT support to businesses and organisations, cloud services, 24×7 managed services, and hardware and software supply and installation.
Reward I.T positions itself as an extension of our customers businesses, we look after you and your needs and our suggestions are made based on your requirements and circumstances and not what our suppliers tell us to sell you, or whatever happens to be the latest buzz-word in IT
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an IT Technician with Reward IT, a computer support company based in Bournemouth.
Work closely with the Senior Technician to support our existing and new customers’ IT requirements. Delight our clients with a friendly, quick and helpful experience.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Obtain accurate information from clients regarding their issue
- Work on and resolve Helpdesk tickets & ticket requests
- Split issues that have several elements onto individual support tickets
- Escalate tickets that require Senior Helpdesk Technician support
- Ensure that tickets are kept live throughout the process
- Document in detail steps taken for every Helpdesk ticket
- Ensure client documentation is accurate and up-to-date
- Communicate to the client the status of their ticket every step of the way, notifying them of any changes or outages related to their issue
- Provide the client with basic remote troubleshooting
- Follow the schedule provided by the Senior Helpdesk Technician
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for daily and weekly recurring tasks
- Follow all company security procedures and be vigilant regarding security issues
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
Skills and Qualities Required:
- Good Communication Skills – building good relationships, based on listening, is fundamental to delivering an excellent client experience. You will need the ability to speak both “Geek” and English and recognise when to use each
- Organisational Skills – Efficient and well-organised with a keen eye for detail, you will have the ability to work to team deadlines
- Teamwork and Cooperation – the ability to work flexibly in a team and contribute to a highly supportive working environment
- Technical Skills – good working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, a love of (and ability to) solve problems and challenges, embracing new learning every step of the way
- Accountability – the ability to work according to agreed Key Performance Indicators (e.g. Client Satisfaction, Documentation Quality etc)
- Appetite for career progression – the desire to continue working and learning with our Company beyond the successful completion of your apprenticeship qualification.
- Reliable and dependable approach with excellent timekeeping
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position or a level 4 qualification
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive technical training online. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Digital Marketer Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Introduction to IT Support
- Stability and Resilience
- Testing and Problem Solving
- Introduction to Networks
- Cloud Systems
- Support Teams
- Specialism (Digital Communications, Network or Support)
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination to receive a professional certificate.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org