Point2Point IT Limited
Title: Information Communication Technician
Company: Point2Point IT Limited
Full Address: Point2Point IT, Suite 1, Crowood House, Gipsy Lane, Swindon, Wiltshire, SN2 8YY
Weekly Hours Worked: 40 hours
Please contact Darcy Greaves on email@example.com or call 01133 500 333
About the company:
We are a Swindon based IT company focusing on tech solutions for small and medium businesses, our client base spans Wiltshire, Berkshire, and London. Our clients see us as an extension to their business which means we will often be involved in our client’s business planning decision. Our clients’ requirements range from IT enhancement and improvement with IT hardware or software, designing and implementing tech solutions to improve business efficiency, implementing VoIP business solutions, moving the businesses infrastructure to the cloud so clients can stay more agile, we also managed their IT security.
Brief job description:
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an Information Communication Technician with Point2Point IT Ltd a Managed IT Service Provider based in Swindon.
This is a great opportunity to become an IT professional with a diverse company the skills you acquire will work towards gaining a nationally accredited qualification and the work experience will place you in a great position to continue you career.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Troubleshooting IT hardware and software on desktop, laptop, and servers
- Working on the IT helpdesk and responding to client issues over the for or via messaging
- Checking daily reports of security incidents and create tickets
- Repairing and refurbishing equipment for our rental stock
- Installation of structure cabling
- Design and installation of VoIP telephone systems
- Visiting client’s site to diagnose or install equipment
- 5 GCSEs grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
- Experience of hardware or software installation, building and repair
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Windows 10 and Office 365
- Excellent time management and organisation
- Excellent communication skills
- Good English skills (verbal/written)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment as well as under pressure
- Customer service driven
- IT knowledge and understanding,
- High attention to detail
- Enthusiastic and passionate about technology
- Keen to develop a career within the IT industry
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Training to be provided:
The Estio Training programme gives young people the opportunity to get hands on experience in the IT industry whilst still employed in a real paid job with no cost or debt.
Learners will receive technical training online. Whilst in the workplace, apprentices will also receive continual coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who will be there to ensure that they get the most from their work experience.
This apprenticeship will give you a Level 3 Information Communications Technician Standard with training in areas such as:
- Functional skills, Maths L2 and English L2
- Introduction to IT Support
- Stability and Resilience
- Testing and Problem Solving
- Introduction to Networks
- Cloud Systems
- Support Teams
- Specialism (Digital Communications, Network or Support)
Some of these modules will include an option to take an examination to receive a professional certificate.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org